Prime update 2.34 may be the last straw

GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This week, we are expecting to have the 2.34 update.

However, this update, in my opinion, is the most CRITICAL to succeed.

With no Redacted, Niantic have now got zero reasons why a litany of issues cannot be resolved in 2.34.

Umbra Anomaly

Not since Operation Bow String, arguably the very first Anomaly, 7 years ago, that ingress has been able to playable for so many.

This outcome was 100% predictable.

I wish people would play Ingress over POGO and WU, as it is a much better game, on paper, but from the myriad of threads and discussions with my own city playerbase, update 2.34, should it fail, may see at least half of the remaining player base since Redacted was turned off, will leave.

@NianticBrian please make sure that the bugs and issues of the last 12 months, and the recent catastrophe that is Umbra Anomaly, are fixed in 2.34

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Rendering lag is client side

And there was too much of it, even for remote recharge

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Now Prime works slow when all agents use Prime. App before 2.32 works ok. I hope Niantic works hard to speed up the app.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I did remote recharge and had no problems that weren't out of the ordinary for anomaly. I recharged over 1,400,000 XM, one of the people at the party recharged almost 3,000,000 XM . It's a huge disparity but we were in the same room but using different cell networks. Not everyone locked or froze consistently at the same time or the same number of times. I just chock the disparity up to him choosing better targets that emptied his bars faster.

• Half is an overstatement. But it's important to fix performance issues across various phones since it's the only scanner now.

They need to acknowledge they messed up horribly at the anomalies too. Like c'mon, can't just bury it.

• Waiting for 2.34 is a good one. 👌

• Didn't they say they were going straight to 2.35?

Guess they did mess up 2.34.

Dont hold your breath waiting for acknowledgement of a failure. Still waiting for anyone to admit it was wrong of them to usurp all the ratings of real ingress for prime.

Also still waiting for parity on:

*compass: compass rose no longer points north for players without magnetometers, despite the fact that the compass rose worked without magnetometer in redacted, AND it still works fine without magnetometer in pokemon GO.

*railroad tracks: vital land marks for rail commuters, and in certain rural settings.

*navigate to: option just doesnt exist.

*visibility: portals, resonators, and agent names are too small. Contrast for purple and red colors are too low.

*user interface: several buttons are annoyingly small.

Meanwhile, certain new features have been added which aren't so cool: vibrate for everything, and tap anywhere to exit.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you need a new larger phone.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

When doing micro fielding this past weekend, I hit the damn keys button when trying to manage my inventory so many dang times. Stuff is too close together or it simply doesn't record it correctly when tapping the screen (I vote the latter).

• SpiderWolveSpiderWolve ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

What? More whinging.

Also nav to option is there just better then Redacted was.

That simple.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

In Redacted it never, ever, worked properly.

As such, for the last several years, used Maps to navigate to portals in unfamiliar areas.

So this is is far better than before.

If you are having such seriously bad problems with your battery and RAM, then there is something very wrong with your device.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

There are some memory issues in Prime to be resolved, this is well known.

Redacted had memory issues

Classic also had memory issues for years.

• I respect your opinion, but it worked fine for me and me and lots of other people want this navigate to portal back into ingress.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavily disagree.

The navigate to in classic always sends you in "as the crow flies" which is takes you to unsafe, suggests that you you can just drive over people's property. And generally always ended up wasting precious time.

This is what I mean by it never ever worked properly.

Because of having to always have maps open, to assist in safe navigation.

The only time in 7 years when this didn't work, was in Kuala Lumpur, when for some unknown reason, maps didn't take me around the heavy construction of the new MRT.

• I can't stress enough how much the Prime switch devastated me and my friends playing the game. It's horrible. You know the old saying "don't fix what ain't broken"? Well, classic example come true. I used to play a lot. We all did. But ever since redacted was taken offline and Prime is the only option, we stopped pretty much all operations. It's a horrible layout, drains battery even worse, visually disgusting, and not worth having or playing anymore. I was telling everyone about ingress before Prime. I loved ingress before Prime. I wish you guys would've left both redacted and prime as options and personal preference. But you lost a good 10 players in my neighborhood, easy. I don't speak the words "ingress" anymore. You guys let me down with Prime. That is all. Holler if you bring the classic back. 🤞(but I ain't holding my breath)

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

The Navigate button would be of real use now that it is possible to copy portal coordinates. Fly over target portal, copy coordinates, then paste into GPS navigator and walk/drive there.

Before Prime, this was just usefull if you wanted to check an out of range portal which key you didn't own.