List of Other Augmented Reality GPS Games inspired by Ingress

Ingress was not the first of it's kind, but it was definitely the first most successful (I think)!

What other games do you consider to be similar to Ingress (that you really have to go OUTSIDE and play), that you suggest and like to play?

Here are some that I know of:

PokemonGo (you probably never heard about this one =D )

The Walking Dead: Our World

Jurassic World: Alive

Father.IO

Draconius GO

(Still in beta:)

Maguss

OtherWorld Heroes

Delta T (deceased, unfortunately)

Comments

• sanshinesanshine ✭✭✭

Probaly only Delta-T, Father IO and the never-left-beta Enklave were directly influenced Ingress. At least, Enklave and Delta-T were clear attempts to take Ingress and "make it better" (but they ended making it even more niche).

I'd say the rest on the list are influenced much more by PoGo and its success.

• You forgot the other Niantic one - Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, also in Beta (one of the advantages of being in Australia or NZ)

There's a "Zombies, Run!", fitness app too.

Played Delta-T beta for a while - it had potential, but really gameplay was **** - and worst GPS accuracy I've ever seen.

• I remember a game from back in 2012, I thought called "Zombie, Run" with zombies on a map, that you had to avoid.

It was not the "Zombie, Run" game that's coming up in my searches today, there were no missions or arms caches, just had to avoid the Zombies by taking a circuitous route to wherever you were trying to get to.

I felt that my reality was being augmented back then.

• I played Delta-T, it was kinda good... today i´m only waiting for HP: WU.

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

Resources

Magnuss

those two are also good to play

• edyakedyak ✭✭
    edited June 2019

QONQR

Takers

Orna

Ghost snap

• BonzorkBonzork ✭✭✭

Ghostbusters World

Men in Black global invasion

• BonzorkBonzork ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Moomin Move

Run an Empire

Father.io

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I haven't even heard of half of these. The only non-Niantic ones I've tried are Orna, Resources, and Delta-T. I find them each interesting in their own way, but there isn't really room in my life for more than 2 location-based games, and even that is pushing it. None of the ones I've tried are compelling enough to take away from my Ingress time.

• BonzorkBonzork ✭✭✭

I've gotten sucked in by The Walking Dead : Our World because it moves faster than Pokémon Go. It's the polar opposite of Ingress in that there's stuff to do everywhere and it takes a lot less thought...there's strategy but it's mostly just **** zombies, which is fun. So, I'm playing Ingress, Pokémon Go and TWD:OW to scratch all of my gaming itches, until Wizards Unite releases globally. That will probably replace Pokémon completely. I'll take a look at Minecraft Earth too, that looks like it has potential. I am obsessed with location based and AR games, so I have to try them all, but I don't keep them all

• BonzorkBonzork ✭✭✭

I've gotten sucked in by The Walking Dead : Our World because it moves faster than Pokémon Go. It's the polar opposite of Ingress in that there's stuff to do everywhere and it takes a lot less thought...there's strategy but it's mostly just **** zombies, which is fun. So, I'm playing Ingress, Pokémon Go and TWD:OW to scratch all of my gaming itches, until Wizards Unite releases globally. That will probably replace Pokémon completely. I'll take a look at Minecraft Earth too, that looks like it has potential.

• There is even a Catholic church one I saw a news article about. You find and collect saints. Meant to appeal to the younger generations.

• zaonszaons ✭✭

Before PokemonGo, many agents in Indonesia also play Resources along with Ingress.

• docwho2100docwho2100 ✭✭✭

I wonder what the tipping point for these games in terms of # of players needed per geographic area to make a robust gameplay. A lot of games do not do well because of the need for larger numbers. And I need to look up that church game. There are a lot of people making smaller games for very specific functions.

• Resources is my favourite... Been playing for over 1500 days. Good thing is that you can claim more territory if less people in your area play but it's still great to catch up with others for a cargo party! The live trading market and the ability to access your own data through the API makes it a lot of fun for a data nerd like me 😆

I'm @Borglessness in resources

• Before Ingress, I used to play Life is Crime - which was like a GPS mob boss game, that showed actual buildings, and you could battle for them.

• +1 for Resources - it's roughly the opposite end fo the spectrum from TWD or PG, with Ingress in the middle, in terms of "twitchyness". The lack of a big company sponsoring it means that it can be a little flakey and/or needy at times, on the other hand it's API is excellent (Niantic are you listening?). As a 2nd GPS game it works well - gives one something to do at intervals on country walks with long gaps between portals, and also has a number of maintenance tasks one can complete on an occasional basis without walking.

• shizhaoshizhao ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Geocaching

• Launch!

Domination Earth

Covens (some how and Beta)

Clash and Go AR Strategy

OutWar Zone Beta

• JacobTsaoJacobTsao ✭✭
    edited June 2019

TECENT:一起来捉妖 (Catch the monsters together)

commercial operations are more and more stronger than ingress

• Just seen this on my newsfeed @VelhoNdroid