About that 50% less decay

Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a straight up punishment. 8 day trip in a foreign country, someone capped portals around here with one resonator before I even got here. They won’t be empty until Friday or Saturday even, and that’s a damn shame.

There is no other activity here, meaning all those unique captures will be out of reach. :( #sadpanda

Comments

• adamblack93adamblack93 ✭✭
    edited October 2019

You would have been incredibly unpopular, but if it was that big an issue for players they could have actively worked against the rest of the community and attempted to block the shards from reaching the end portals.

I'd argue the fact that 12 of the 13 shards made it to the end goals suggests players as a whole were keen to get the benefits/rewards offered. It's a one time thing that I'd also point out nicely balances out the earlier faster decay associated with this year's Dark XM event.

• There's always someone who complains about what to everyone else is a reward.

• Portals are decaying again at the normal rate. The event rewards lasted a week, so any portal claimed the day the 50% lower decay rate started will be gray again in around 3-4 days. (7 days at 50% decay is roughly equivalent to 3.5 days of normal decay).

10-11 days instead of 7 isn't a huge increase, and has been helpful to many of us. For the first time in a while I had power cubes left over at the end of the day after fully recharging my portals 😊

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. If my trip took one day longer, I would have had like 50 unique captures. Ah well. :)