Will there be something like a dislike button?

It would be very helpful to show not only what comments you agree with. If I do not agree, there should be an option to show this as well.

Tagged:

Comments

• A dislike button isn't for if you disagree with something. A dislike button _should be_ (Though nobody uses it this way) To penalize comments that do not contribute to the discussion. I think that is what the flag option is for.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Showing dislikes is generally a bad idea in online forums.

• Good point @DragonBallZeke. But the question is still the same, no matter what one is thinking about the real purpose of this functionality. There should be a dislike button for the people who use it the correct way, as for the people using it the incorrect way 😊

• @ArtilectZed I agree. The fact you can see what something was reported for, and who specifically liked something, makes this feel more like a tight-knit social network where everybody knows everybody rather than a global discussion fourum.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I don't think a dislike button is necessary. The point of a forum board is to post something constructive, whether you agree or disagree. Post your opinion on the topic in a positive and constructive manner, let folks know why you agree or disagree with something, offer up advice or insight on the issue that others might've otherwise not considered.

Just jumping into a thread and hitting a dislike button doesn't do this, it only tells the original poster that someone didn't like what they said.

• @ArtilectZed Allowing only to show one direction of opinions with buttons like these is information wise a bad idea in general.

• MrCathulhuMrCathulhu ✭✭✭

No, this isn't reddit. It will rarely if ever be used to actually contribute positively.

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

My only reservation about relying only on a flag system is that it will be subject to abuse in a forum that benefits from valid voices. See for example chibri's AMA about Chicago Abaddon Prime. Some questions being asked of the guy are being flagged down as abusive for no apparent reason. When I noted that said questions are being flagged down, my post is also being flagged down for being abusive (if they were being flagged as spam, it may have elicited a different response). It's the internet, so I'm not surprised.

A dislike button makes some more sense because it could potentially redirect poor use of flagging.

• By the way, is there some way to mark discussions like this as closed? I do not think this will go any further in here 😁

• RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Not at this time.