Is there a way to turn off portal indicators?

Myth024Myth024 ✭✭
edited September 2019 in App Feedback (Archive)

There are these little boxes with images that show up along the edge of my screen that point to a portal somewhere off my map or out of view. They take up screen real-estate and I want to turn them off. I've asked around and there are quite a large number of players that have been asking the same question. Can we toggle this "feature" off. #Prime Scanner #Portal Indicator

Answers

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, no.

• In Redacted, they would toggle themselves off and on whenever they felt like it.

Maybe clicking on them and then hitting Ok will make them go away?

• These little boxes completely obstruct the bottom of my screen. We need some option/checkbox to get rid of them as there is no sanity check in the box size to screen resolution ratio.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

A toggle for them right on the scanner page, like a small button under the compass. would be exemplary but I will not expect it to be addressed until other issues are hammered out.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Sentiment on the forum seems to be quite strong that these are more annoying than they are valuable, I agree a toggle would be the ideal solution and fairly low priority, but I'd add that simply leaving them out of future builds until an option can be added would be a good move.

• Can we just turn them off in all but fully zoomed out mode. Zoom control is a bit fiddly, but there is no need to show nearby portals at any of the zoomed in levels. Sorry, but its basic math to get right. Less is more #MarieKondo

• M42M42 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

These boxes have always driven me nuts too. Though they can be handy if you're in an unfamiliar area where there's not many portals and you want to know the closest portal and in which direction? But how often does that happen? (And usually that's when they don't pop up). It would be good to be able to toggle tthese on and off.

• I have a portal <1km.... It's not really practical, especially when it gives portals 50km away when there are many closer ones... the designation seems random and unreliable.

I would prefer to be able to disable them completely. It takes up too much space on the screen, if I have the misfortune to glypher it is to finish I no longer have a screen with 3 portals, the black cache that is useless for the items on the left, and the panel of items received at the top.....