Niantic Wayfarer Discussion

GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Wayfarer (Archive)

Comments

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Looking forward to seeing if the resolves the 'facebook accounts locked out' issue - there are Facebook and Google log in options (but no PTC).

• PoGo reviewers Confirmed.

• The home page cover image, for those who haven't seen it yet... Logging in doesn't work yet.

• Maybe the site will answer my thoroughly Disliked question on the AMA before the AMA does.

• Oh no. This is not going to end well...

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

I mentioned it on the other thread but the banner is a commonly used image so I wouldn’t read too much into it yet.

• The image used is https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/imgpub/home/hero_9.jpg

There are other variants (1-10) hosted there too. I think it is interesting that this is the one they chose to put up for the launch instead of one of the Ingress ones they had on hand in that selection of images.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm... 50% ingress images, 50% PoGo, 0% HPWU.

• Logging in works!

• My wife just confirmed she cannot review. Its on spanish, but it says that you have to reach L10 to access.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Surprised to find I can log in despite being level 10 and having created my account with Facebook. I can't see my own nominations though.

I can't actually do anything much, just see "sorry your account is not eligible" messages for the nominating and reviewing options, but I can read the help pages.

Help and Showcase seem to be localised for the UK (mentions Primary and Secondary schools, rather than American "K12"), the showcase is all about 50-70 miles northeast of my location - just bad browser geolocation I suspect,

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

I'm able to access at level 10, but not do anything. It appears you still need L12 to actually review and nominate... which begs the question 'why let level 10s log in?'

• Woah I can see the list of everything I've ever submitted. Been asking for that for ages. I think I like this update.

• Oooh you can even see your support photos and statements!

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Pokémon go confirmed for reviews.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

I use the same gmail for Pokemon Go and Ingress, an Wayfarer lists my pokemon go submission I used while back in Europe.

So it looks like if you use the same gmail for PoGo and Ingress, you might only be able to review with the one account to prevent you from reviewing your own submissions across games.

Hopefully there's some incentive to prevent people from changing their gmail or facebook log-in for pokemon go.

• We were discussing this too. I had several portals on limbo, just to find out they were duplicated and never get an email.

And my pogo subs are joined with my ingress subs now, I can see both now. I believe i will be changing my pogo mail now lol

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how that will work with PTC accounts and for people who used FB for one game and Google for the other?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Very hard to se adress to nomination. I hope Niantic fix it soon. Easy with old OPR

• Its cuz you can edit Title and description for an Nomination or take it out the system.

• I just posted my comments in general as a new post. Should have dug around the site a bit more, sorry!

I love the sleek clean design and all the new options. THANK YOU Niantic.

There are a couple of issues under my nominations. Two portals are showing “approved”, when in fact they were rejected. In addition, I have several showing “not approved” that I didn’t receive notification on.

I also couldn’t figure out how to change my home location. Hoping by getting more familiar with the tool I can figure it out.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a good reason why I shouldn't be able to do that for my own nominations until I get to level 12?

• I dont know how many Times you can change a Nomination Title (Description) so if you see after submit a Nomination that you have spelling error or missing Details in the Description, you can now change that before reviewed by other => no need to make an extra Review to change title/description after initial accept.