Umbra digital kits now available on the Store

13»

Comments

• Sure, but all these people up in arms about the "Change in price" and "Lack of physical items" are complaining about something we've had for more than a year. The format is the same and the price is the same.

I wasn't specifically responding to you, just in general.

• I purchased the ADA Pack and if i had have enough CMU, I could have purchased the other 2 Packs too.

• As I said on the same topic to people on Telegram. Vote with your feet if it's a problem. If you keep paying, they'll assume you're ok with it.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Already done.

So we're now at step two, where we air the grievances.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

I will be buying the 3 packs sometime between mission day and the day after depending on gear status.

I love the instant medals but I do hate that we don't get load cards as I use to save mine for ages like a backup. If anything this change will limit the amount of high level gear people can buy and while it removes the FS reward gift (most AP et), the real injustice was that Niantic didnt supply each POC with a load card etc for a reward.

As an Aussie the cost for the 3 packs is only a little more expensive then previous times.

People will always find something is to complain about if I provided free coke all they could talk about was that I did have Pepsi also.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Purchased all 3 packs because now its really convenient, thanks!

PS

I still think that difference (R vs VR stuff) in bundles should be somehow highlighted

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

I have no problem sinking some money into these type of things for the profitability of ingress but the pricing is getting a bit out of hand @NianticBrian .

Its barely a year ago the same money (okay, 10 euro's more but the anomaly medal was free) you now have to pay for a digital only kits got you an actual physical VR supporter pack with biocards, a high quality coin and pin, stickers and biocards with codes for all the digital stuff.

The incentive to continue to invest in this, on top of all the frackers i already get, is getting really thin.

• @EisFrei my understanding of the July 27 Nemesis: Myriad anomaly events, the last anomaly series, is that agents had the option to purchase the following bundles:

Digital Readiness Bundle: 1 Anomaly Site-Specific Character ($19 USD)

Includes 1 Nemesis character medal and a bundle of in-app items to prepare you for the anomaly.

Digital Readiness Bundle: All Characters Pack ($59 USD)

Includes all 3 new Nemesis character medals (Victoria Kureze, Stein Lightman, and Martin Schubert) and a major bundle of in-app items to prepare you for the anomaly.

I wasn't aware that the Nemesis: Myriad bundles also included physical merch.

• SachielOneSachielOne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Myriad packs were digital only, and did not have physical swag. But packs for pretty much every other anomaly going back to their introduction in Persepolis (I think) did.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

I believe the screenshot he included was of Cassandra Prime, not Nemesis: Myriad.

• I'm personally like the price reduction compared to a Myriad anomaly - all 3 character badges was $59 while now it's only $50. But there is no way for delayed use of "loadout" and no way to make such a gift for someone as a character badge. It's already sad that there is no physical items like coins, pins and cards. But without codes there is no more "extended" inventory - I got all the L8 items instantly at purchase time. This is double and triple sad.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Posting this from Telegram:

Simon Shaw (Res 🇦🇺)

[In reply to xxxxxxx) So is it the ability to trade stuff you miss most, or something else? ]

That and the ability to physically have something. I remember when I first started, the original players who had already attended a few anomalies had these magic coins n patches, wristbands and pins. Weird badges on their profiles. Me and others were like "**** did you get that stuff". A year later I was flying to first anomaly. Now, just buy online, from anywhere...

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

But physical swag onsite from the organizers who sell it to support the after parties. I always get t shirts.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

So your complaint is... this doesn't make you feel special enough?

Dude, Ingress is not all about you.

• Actually, Cassandra was the last physical swag with a medal. Abaddon had physical swag with no medal, and Digital Readiness Packs for the price that @NianticBrian listed.

None of the Digital Readiness stuff is a change, except for the instant delivery/no code part. We haven't had physical merch with the medals for more than a year.

• For me, the issue is definitely the lack of a passcode that can be slotted at need - I usually count on that in the field. The fact that you can make the transaction in real time reduces that problem some, but it does add a friction term in the middle of a fast paced event. That said, I do like the trend towards being able to handle more through the app (as opposed to having to go to another site). On cost, Ingress has to pay the bills, and I'd rather pay my membership fee this way than by PoGo-like mechanisms. But exactly what folks will regard as a fair price point will vary....

• Help! Yesterday I purchased the Umbra: Misty Bundle but I am yet to receive my order. No character badge/ no gear load out. I have an email receipt showing my order was processed.

What do I do???

• It's not on your profile? The character badge, that is

• I still have 2 unused rare and 2 unused very rare loadout cards. Will these remain valid indefinitely?

• I have a bunch of patches and pins from anomaly packs. This digital thing is ok but the physical things are more of a drawcard for me. Also, I know how to farm so don't want to buy gear, it would be good if I could just get the character medals without all the stuff i can get by playing ingress.

• @spacehogg I can see the Umbra: ADA, Umbra: Lynton-Wolfe, and the Umbra: Misty character medals on your @spacehogg profile. Nice looking set of medals! Thank you for your support.

• The Umbra: ADA, Lynton-Wolfe, Misty, and +Ultra bundles have now been removed from the Store. Thank you.

• Could such posts be posted as a new discussion in news (or a new section for "minor" updates)? Just so we don't need to scan through dozens of threads finding these updates?

• Liked of course, but that would require the thread to be locked to only Niantic responses so random chatter doesn't clutter the info.