What the failure of Field Tests means, at least for me

I have, for long time, always supported payments services in games, because simply I know how the stuff works.

I can fully understand the need to put tickets and more paid stuff into the game.

What I won't support, ever, is pushing a paid service that simply doesn't work.

You're asking us to pay a considerable price (15USD that has no exchange rates, apparently) to partecipate to an event next month. And yet I STILL WOULD PAY, but I need the guarantee, I must be sure that everything works.

This field test is the proof that Prime is still not capable to withstand the pressure of an event. And it was a simple field test. Prime was unresponsive, prime was laggy, crashed, did everything it was needed to be hated today.

What would happen under the pressure of an XM Anomaly? The next round of anomaly will be the first to be Prime only, just think at this.

The results of this field tests made me decide to not partecipate in the next round of anomalies. I want to be sure that if I spend my money, that money are spent for a well working service.

Tagged:

Comments

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Field Test performance doesn't prove anything about anomaly performance. You're just grasping at straws.

I've used Prime for the last four anomalies. It works fine. It's better than Redacted as some things.

• I was at the Field Test and earned Elite badge.

The only performance issue we noted was with Glyph Hacking getting stuck and requiring us to close and reopen the scanner. I heard of no other issues on site. (Well except for those who insisted on using the older Redacted; I don't know specifics why but apparently some legit players ended up getting spoofing warnings).

• The issue with Field Tests wasn't to do with general performance. It was heavily involved with the real time statistics gathering.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not so sure. The same issue was seen during the September and October First Saturday events. It's certainly not a problem of the Prime client, but the shim servers that the Prime client talks to seem to have a problem with heavy load when a lot of people play at the same location,