Niantic has its own priorities, usually aligned with building or fixing code for all 3 games. A public tracker would never have anything more than visibility. You won't be able to control their priorities.
P bzzz l bzzzz e bzzzzz a bzzzzz s bzzzz e bzzzzzz bzzzzz R bzzzzz e bzzzzzz v bzzzzzz e bzzzzzz r bzzzzzz t bzzzzzz bzzzzz t bzzzzzzz h bzzzzzzz e bzzzzz bzzzzz H bzzzzzz a bzzzzzzz p bzzzzzzz t bzzzzzzz i bzzzzzzz c bzzzzzzzz bzzzzzz f bzzzzzzz e bzzzzzz e bzzzzzz d bzzzzzz b bzzzzzzz a bzzzzzzz c bzzzzzzz k bzzzzz.
Even if a bug is marked with a higher priority, that doesn't mean it will get fixed before a bug with a lower priority. Some bugs are easier to find and fix than others. The ones that are easier to fix tend to get fixed first. And in the process of tracking down the cause of one highly viable bug, they may discover several minor bugs that few noticed during game play.
Please disable vibrations ! It's the worst upgrade so far
Comms is still not working? I hope we can turn off the vibration on touch that was added - I really hate distracting vibrations I turn it off everywhere and I can do glyphs incl. Imperfect perfectly without! Please keep UTC 24 HR and NOT LOCAL! With comms not working I can't believe you cohose these low priority updates ahead of NON FUNCTIONAL COMMS!!!#!
You can disable vibrations in the Ingress settings menu, if you don't want to have vibrations anywhere.
Thank you for the update. I noticed the vibration change right away. As a developer, I know how hard it is to keep putting out updates on a schedule. Keep up the good work.
1. Prime is still slow.
2. Prime still takes 4-5 times more RAM than Redacted.
3. Sorting by name still doesn't work.
4. Prime still relies on device's compass. Not all devices have a compass.
5. Portal hopping still doesn't work.
6. When boost-charging a portal that needs more XM than I currently have, Prime uses up all my XM and Scanner gets disabled. Redacted left some XM to keep Scanner running.
7. No option to share profile/portal info as a screenshot.
8. In Activities/Chat/Alerts, I have X in a circle at the bottom covering messages.
9. Would be nice to be able to turn off portal voices and animations (this is related to 1 and 2).
10. Would be nice to set vibration intensity.
11. Map takes forever to load, on Wi-Fi or data.
Please bring back Redacted
I am playing mostly on foot and switching between three Niantic games. I really want to play Ingress, BUT when I switch to Prime while approaching a portal after a few minutes of playing the other games and catching creatures, all I get are various Server communication errors for several minutes and I'm not able to play. I cannot stop to wait at every portal. Makes playing impossible.
The same applies to commuting. When I get off the train I switch to Prime and want to take over some portals while walking through the station, but NO, cannot do that any more. Why??
The other games do not do this. What are you doing wrong in Prime as it is preventing valuable playtime? This is not fun any more as it used to be.
My Prime is Build 2.33.1-8a221209
Platform Huawei ****
The nearby portals display is absolutely taking up the screen and annoying and its frustrating. They are all over the place all the time. Take it off. I dont need to know there are 4 portals 1 block away constantly.
4. Never use it. If you don't like, turn it off.
5. No need.
6. That's correct behaviour.
7. You can do screenshot in any app by your standard OS tools.
8. It's only 2%.
9. It will be interesting experiment for a/b testers. I think they can make a branch for tests.
10. Maybe, but I think they should avoid vibration for most actions except glyph actions.
Please, don't touch Redacted coprse
1) Prime is super fast, but daming it for long start up times as "slow" is extremely misleading
2) Depends on your device, most high end devices have oodles of RAM, but less RAM overall than Redacted
3) Mostly works.
4) Every ARG uses the magnetometer to some degree, even Redacted. Magnetometers are cheap, best buy a better mobile
5) Portal hopping I believe is on the cards to be done
6) Weird, because even redacted used all the available XM I had. This is normal, and expected behaviour
7) No need, as there now a proper format to export Agent Stats
8) Device support issue, please raise a ticket to support, with the exact device and OS you have
9) Voices in the portals is a new feature, that WILL be utilized in the future. Deaf people will have an issue when this becomes fleshed out.
10) Excessive vibration has been reported and is expected to be fixed in 2.34.x
11) Depends on your device, best to send support a ticket with you device and OS. Unless this is the initial start up time, which is well documented to be fixed. But not to forget that Classic also took a long time to load in it's first year
Redacted/Classic also would clutter the screen with nearby portals. I do agree it would be nice to have an option to turn them off. Pretty sure everyone knows where nearby portals are in their neighborhood, but if you travel to some new place, it's nice to have a pointer to new portals.
Regarding memory consumption, I dug out memory usage figures I checked for Redacted and Prime at some point late last year / early this year with ADB. Resident memory consumption for Redacted had been 149 MB and for Prime 384 MB at that point, so Prime did indeed consume more than twice the amount of memory.
It's quite likely that there's been some optimization work since then, but I'm fairly sure Prime is still happily using more memory considering it still dies significantly quicker when on background than Redacted used to on my phone with 4GB of RAM. Whether or not the difference is significant enough to be noticeable/annoying will depend on how much RAM your phone has, how much/what other stuff you typically run etc. I hope there's further work done on this.
(for the record, I think *personally* that at this point the pluses and minuses on Prime cancel each other out well enough to make using it an acceptable experience, certainly more so than, say, half a year ago)
Anyone else having the issue of NO ALERTS happening ? Im not getting any alerts. . .
Feezes/Stalls when scrolling threw keys rapidly or rapidly open view mod selections
Hi everyone, thank you for your feedback on the updated vibration on button interactions. The strength and length of each vibration is very dependent on device hardware, we've heard your feedback, and we're working to address it.
Re: attack push notifications, this is a known issue and we're investigating, thank you.
I think you have the wrong impression there, Brian. It's not the strength of the vibrations that everyone is complaining about, but the frequency. Most things don't need to vibrate when you interact with the app.
Any word on that compasss issue? I see I'm not the only one.
Mission vibration is good
But hack... I feel tired
Jo die freezes Nerven auf Android Geräten
NianticBrian ich habe eine Frage. Wissen sie das Prime seid Anfang an auf allen Android Geräten ständig abstürztz? Alle 20 bis 50 Minuten. Und wan wird das behoben?
No Alerts weeks now in scanner as well as on comms. https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/5066/no-portal-attack-notifications/p1
when will the prime be terminated? and when will the scond prime start? prime is unusable
Thank you for comments, but again. Prime much much better than previous version. So, just let that old fashioned game go away and enjoy new one. Bugs will fix, ux will improve. If you dont like it, just delete game.
Absolutely agree. Bryan we need vibration for mostly for glyph and attacks.
bugreport.It looks like the links are crossing
Certain things are better in Prime than in Ingress 1.x. But would I trade slow Prime with all its features for speedy Redacted? Yes, I really doubt that Prime will be as fast as Ingress 1.x was, unless we all buy faster phones (and that has no guarantees).
I've been noticing more and more when playing what seems to kick off the freezing of the Prime app. It's most often occurring when it's something to do with keys. Managing your keys (loading/unloading into capsules), managing your keys as in mass recycling them from the manage screen, trying to link right after doing anything in the key management screen.
A while back there was a fix for remote recharging (that was causing the app to freeze/crash). I can't seem to find the information for it currently. And granted, keys are a large part of the game. I'm almost wondering if there is some extra code, or something that is causing a loop or such.
I wonder if you stopped the application from constantly trying to pull up portal images each time agents tried to do any interactions with keys in the game if that would cause any differences?
Android Version: 9
One UI Version: 1.0
Android Security Patch level: September 1, 2019
Screen Resolution: FHD+ (2220 x 1080)
Ingress Prime Version: 2.33.1