MrVulgaireMrVulgaire ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

Should Niantic pay us for portal creation and OPR? 😛

Passcode, bonus or other (cash) 🤣

Post edited by MrVulgaire on
Tagged:

Comments

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

@MrVulgaire agree!! like pokemon go can earn pokecoin, maybe at least pay CMU for those seer and recon(OPR) player

• Totally agree!

• DisasterSnarkDisasterSnark ✭✭
    edited June 2019

I'd do OPR more if we were rewarded single use passcodes. The medal is cool and all, but there's no incentive once you hit onyx.

• MrVulgaireMrVulgaire ✭✭✭

@Majeye she is already black for me

• 1C0m4u1C0m4u ✭✭

Agree, our time is valuable

• ebuhebuh ✭✭

This accually sounds commercially feasible if the reward would be CMU, this will probably be combined the introduction of power-up items like "overclocked scanners"(temporary double AP) and "High Efficiency XM module"(temporary double XM storage and pickup), somewhat comparable to PoGo's lucky egg and star piece.

Looking at the current CMU pricing, 500CMU or per successful submission and maybe a 40CMU reward per OPR agreementm combined with a 1100 CMU limit per week in order to prevent low quality submissions somewhat matches the non-matching CMU pricing compared to paid CMU.

With these amounts of CMU the max amount per week is *almost* enough for a beacon) 2 weeks is *almost* enough for a fracker, while buying CMU will almost always result in a bit of leftover CMU. In both cases you'll likely end up with leftover CMU in your account after buying an item.

@NIA feel free to steal this idea in exchange for a huge pile of cmu, pokécoins and HP-currency ;)

• Should We pay Niantic for this game?😝

• Something other than just the recon medal would be nice. The fast track was a start.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

im good with not awarding cmu for portals.

the portals themselves are the reward, and they are for everyone.

CMU would be good I think

• JeroenixJeroenix ✭✭✭

Way I see it: we get to make our own game board (to a free-to-play game), that's payment. Lots of other location games just copy their POI's off Maps data, which restricts their players and don't make for much interesting POIs as Niantic games.

@Jeroenixa small reward will be fine. personally since I have the black medal I do not do more OPR

• I don't think Niantic should pay us for something they have provided us to play free.

But if they do pay or provide a better bonus, other than the medal, then the time taken to review the newly submitted portals would be less. Which would be great for all players.

@CrimsonGenesis i agree

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Something in the form of CMU but I wouldn't really know how that would be factored in. I was hoping for a leaderboard just for insight of who has been active on OPR.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Portal Review Fast Track bonus was pretty cool, getting one every 100 agreements. I would love for them to have weekly challenges every now and then, to help keep the momentum going for reviews. Something like get 300 agreements in 7 days for a passcode, or something related to OPR either more submissions, or another bonus fast track.

• abshaabsha ✭✭

NIA gave u medal, and people are happy haha :)

• I think OPR is fun. No one forces me to do it. When it stops being fun, I take a break from it. It's a way we can add value to the game and get new portals for everyone, so a win win for us, the community, and Niantic both. I love exploring the countryside and finding new and unique portals. Mountain summits, trail signs, ghost towns all add to the "get outside and explore" aspect of the game that I love. Ingress should pay me for this? No. For me, it's a great part of the game, and I am glad that I can do it.

• No.

@MysticalGnu Yes I too would like niantic listen to us a little but it's not really the case ....

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

In foture we have adventure sync from Pokémon GO and we can get pay for walk. CMU and item.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@jontebula and **** trekker medal?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@Hydraulinski Niantic say Ingress Prime get it in foture. Very nice to get free items and CMU for walk. But for Ingress Prime they use new namne for it.

• Remember if you are not paying for it, you are the product.

I dont want to work for Niantic.

I want Niantic to work for me/us

I would gladly pay 10 or 20 or even 30 bucks a month for this game.

IF! THEY CHANGE IT!

Game mechanics made by cartographers in there 40s ten years ago is absolutely rediculious

@TitanRavenscar I Agree, I will be ready to pay but only if the store is deleted