ADA and Jarvis drops will increase by 1.5 X per the "you have defeated Avenir in app message"

Been hacking since this announcement came out and I have yet to have either one drop. 1.5x what.

Comments

• ioHpeiHioHpeiH ✭✭✭

Got some Jarvis. 1,5 times the normal output is not that much. They are called very rare for a reason :-)

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I've been glyphing like crazy but I haven't picked any flipcards.

• edited October 2019

I got 4 yesterday in about 300 hacks. Luck still matters.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

cant say i notice anything either.. its still probably 1 in 1000 hacks or so.. kinda useless...

• yngemaryngemar ✭✭✭

Given that the "normal" hack rate for all VR gear is somewhere around one VR item (including viruses, VRS/Aegis, Ito-En, VRMH/VRHS, Qcap) per 50 hacks, it's going to be hard to notice a 1.5x increase for one subset of those items (they're not of equal rarity, either - VRS are pretty easy to get, while ITOs are extremely rare - viruses are somewhere in the middle of that scale), unless you're looking at a simply massive number (think several thousand) of hacks overall. Very low initial probability of hacking them, plus the large role of RNG in hack output in general, means you're pretty unlikely to notice much difference.

• Given that the "normal" hack rate for all VR gear is somewhere around one VR item (including viruses, VRS/Aegis, Ito-En, VRMH/VRHS, Qcap) per 50 hacks,

Last statistics I saw, were each flipcard (independently) had a chance of about 1 in 1500. So about 1 in 1000 hacks with the increase.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

So, from nearly-nothing to nearly-nothing.

@NianticBrian Any chance you guys would release the drop rates for Jarvis and ADA so we have a reasonable idea of what this increase actually is?

• yngemaryngemar ✭✭✭

To be clear, I meant that you get SOME VR item about once every 50 hacks, not that your chance of getting a PARTICULAR VR item is 1 in 50. Most of the "VR" items you will get will be VRS. The rest are much much rarer. 1/1500 for each type of virus seems plausible, if maybe a little low.

Whatever the exact figures, the odds are so low to begin with that even doubling or tripling the drop rate would barely be noticeable.

• Desde el 3 octubre que he estado haciendo mi Hack, no he tenido la suerte de obtener ningún virus.

Preguntando entre agentes, han tenido la misma suerte, incluso he notado que el hackeo en los glifos me ha arrojado menos ítems que en días pasados.

• Thanks to everyone for the thoughts, good stuff to know even if I was just whinging. :-)