Scrolling through Comms - Bug

In Prime 2.29 and earlier it is incredibly frustrating to attempt to scroll back through the Alerts in the Comms function. Any time you scroll back the app will keep automatically going to the bottom of the list.

I gotta believe this has been reported before, but couldn't find anything in this section about it.

The inability to scroll back makes it impossible to see what's going on in your area because any time there's a new entry in the alerts you lose your scrollback place, even if you try to hold that position.

Comments

• Agreed. Still getting this.

• Fix COMM! DON'T RETIRE REDACTED UNTIL COMM IS FIXED!!!

THIS IS THE MAIN REASON I USE REDACTED!

DON'T IGNORE THIS SERIOUS ISSUE!

• Same problem here. Android.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

...and it's the same on iOS too.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Try to scroll backwards through comms messages.

2) Get immensely frustrated as it repeatedly jumps to the newest message.

Temporary workround: Use the comms tab on the Intel map in a browser instead.

• This is game breaking imho. It makes the activities log essentially useless. Redacted does not have this issue so until this is fixed in prime, parity is not achieved.

• Of note, Issue #99 in the Reddit list.

• This needs to become a priority fix!

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Still not fixed with the latest update. Nia, come on! @NianticCasey why it is taking ages to fix this?

• This is pretty much making COMM unusable.

• Comm is a good tool if it works right. Still not working right in 2.33. I hope it get fix in the next ver. Comm is useless ontill this scrolling issue gets fixed so you can see whats going on in the days events. Please fix...

• kireankirean ✭✭✭

I have this problem too. It sucks.

• +1

• HaspelknechtHaspelknecht ✭✭
    edited October 2019

... and also the functionality of this board should be improved... The ability to delete my own posts......

• PLUS1MUsPLUS1MUs ✭✭
    edited October 2019

• Still broken.

It appears that if I move my finger up to keep scrolling, I *can continue to scroll... but I have about a tenth of a second, tops. With my finger off the scree for any longer, it goes back to the bottom.

• Be nice if we could have... a full second to reposition our fingers?

Ten seconds to read without having our finger on the screen?

Please sir, may we have some more?

• I have resorted to using two-finger scrolling where I alternate between the two fingers in order to get anywhere. It's really annoying.

This can't be the intended behaviour surely?

• And this is still an issue....

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope Niantic rebuild COMM in Prime. Cant see gain AP for glyph and no MuS and extreme bad COMM. Remove portal pictures to in COMM and smaller font size.

• Two things I hate about prime right now is the comm scrolling to the end of the list before you get to see what happen in the day earlier. The other part of prime I hate is not being able to see the compass. Please fix these problems...