Remove Image Preview on Portals

My feedback is to remove, or give us an option to disable, the image preview that shows as you approach a portal. I don't like the way it clogs up the screen, and I worry it's just consuming excess data to preview images I don't want to see.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 give option for it please.

• Please add this option!

• All portal images and animations are a nuisance. They add nothing to the game. Remove them all.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

+1

• Please add an option to turn off nearby portals.

Many many times it shows portals that are not close, while closer portals not shown and takes up far too much space on the screen.

A completely waste

• Yeah, if I know a portal well enough to know it by portal image, I don't need to know where it is, because I know it well enough.

We've wanted them gone since Beta, please remove them, or make them optional.

• Options!

• Dear God yes please ++++++10000

Waste of space, also makes it so when organizing keys inventory you can only see three at a time... Stinks when you live in high portal density areas and need to constantly recycle the hundreds of keys.

• +1 Totally agree.

Also, not just nearby portals, it just shows portals which I own keys for that is not even the closest portal!

• Totally agree

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Image preview is one of the things that make ingress stand out from other ARGs.

Because PoIs are held in much higher regard, and the image of said portal is important.

Otherwise, PoIs can be anything, and not pleasant nor safe for younger players.

• argenexargenex ✭✭
    edited October 2019

I think what most of us want, is less constant severe data download of photos, like when looking at keys or looking at comms; not removing the photos. Why does it matter when I'm looking at 700 keys? It only really matters when looking at the portal and the portal's unique reason for being.

The new feature of prime to force load hundreds of photos not only is a severe data drain, it's not conducive for dealing with information and inventory management.

None of this, has anything to do with being safe nor about the age of a player. Also depending on which country, children playing is against TOS.

Personally, the floating obnoxious photo preview flapping and floating just clogs up an already over taxed display. When you live within 800 portals it's obnoxious and annoying.

• +1