Agent, you have successfully defeated Avenir...

Comments

• What a ridiculous thread from BY/RU antiXFac team:).

Each and everyone of you knew the rule about two-week not hacking, and there were only few old-school Zadrots who had broken their Sojourner routine to avoid the badge. I deeply respect them for their decision.

But you, shard hijackers, don't you see how pathetic you're looking now? You spoiled the game just because you didn't like new rules and now are whining for the medal?

Wut?

Love-peace-zhvachka from real team Trickster.

Enjoy your badges.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Yes but there should be a choice. In this situation you either get the badge for Nemesis or miss the Sojourner. Regardless your thoughts on the XF

• Niantic,

I have not defeated Avenir, I never played xfac shards, I don't want this medal.

I need you to remove the Avenir badge from my scanner.

Agent Novakovskiy

Enlightened

• @RedSoloCup I guess it's your time to react.

There are a few issues about Avenir medal.

1. In order not to receive it agents had to break their Sojourner streak.

2. Agents who did not want to break the Sojourner streak and also did not want Avenir medal had "a choice without a choice".

3. If an agent wants to remove this or that medal from his profile (Avenir, Seer, Guardian, Recruiter, etc.), there should be tools for doing it! Now is the best time to implement them.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer to all these alleged dilemmas is "Niantic's game, Niantic's rules." They're not obligated to give you the choices you want.

• This could be a feature request. Implement a character customization feature which allows you to change order of mission medals and show only badges that you want to be displayed. They did it with titles in Harry Potter. Maybe Mary from Warner brother's shout be brought in to fix Prime.

• I hope this is not the official position of Niantic. Otherwise the customer service would be awful.

Taking into consideration, that a few weeks ago prices in the in-app store were increased by 100%, and Niantic is announcing more and more paid events, they should me more loyal to their customers.

• But you DID work towards it. You hacked. As per the rules that was the qualifying criteria to earn the badge. You don't need to like it. But you did earn it.

• OGMagusOGMagus ✭✭✭

I started Ingress a year ago, then botched my Soujourner at Christmas, so I still need to go the year out. Surely you can't assume all players started before 2018? I also I have a AP goal I want to meet before november - I just could not break Soujurner and postpone the AP grind for so long.

However, just giving people medals is extremely tone deaf even without these concerns. What is the value of an Ingress medal now? What is next - cosmetic medals in the store?

• OGMagusOGMagus ✭✭✭

That's not how customer confidence works :) Since the start of the "event medals", you had to make an effort to get the medal. Oh yeah, 2019 is all new with some pretty easy medals but you had to make SOME effort - not so with Avenir.

I have the medal now - everyone do - and have to move on. But surely, even Niantic fans will react negatively if we get more of these "free" medals - or even paid ones?

• I worked, I hacked :))))

When I really worked, it was in 2017, when we scored the blue shard in our location. Almost every night I drove somewhere for 2-3-4 hours. Actually, I didn't do much work at that time, a lot of agents did more! Every day and night! We didn't receive any medal then, but we deserved it. I am still proud of shards 2017.

Oh, so funny, "I did work, I hacked" :D

Can't stop laughing. :D

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Inactive accounts get the yearly badge provided they met the requirements...

• He doesn't care.

You don't get to change the rules because you don't like them after the fact.

Just curious... what is your guardian because you look a lil bum-hurt

• I have bad news for you on the paid cosmetic medals situation...

• DeadSunwaterDeadSunwater ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Guardian rules have been changed, btw. 🤷 Bad example.

Mine is 149. 150 after the rules changed.

I received 90 on day 91 and 25 hours, that was thrilling, yeah. They had 2 extra days to destroy it, but they didn't. That was kinda fantastic. I still keep the key.

And yes, I am bum-hurt. But it's all off-topic.

Niantic often changes rules and plays Calvinball. It's a turn of "bum-hurt" agents now, why not. 😁

• DeadSunwaterDeadSunwater ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

It's different. Annual badges are like tree rings. Just for calculating years in the game.

Post edited by DeadSunwater on