Please mark northernmost reso slot as such

I like to consistently start at a reso slot (e.g., North) and deploy from there. The lack of a red dot makes it difficult to do this. A compass arrow within the deploy screen would also suffice.

Comments

• NamlhatNamlhat ✭✭✭

Also useful from a tactical standpoint, i.e. placing higher level resos distant from attacker in locations where access is limited (in a building, in the water, away from the walk up access). Allows the agent capturing the portal to strategically place resonators.

• I'm not familiar with Prime vs redacted differences, but the orientation of the resonator slots matches the orientation of either the scanner compass or your position (I am not near one to check which and I don't use the feature). So you can use that orientation to tell which resonator slot is which.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Try to consistently start with the top left most slot and then check the intel map to see which cardinal direction it shows up in

• Orienting the map to face north doesn’t necessarily help. When I click on a portal, the view will rotate while going to the reso deploy screen. It’s just more unnecessary movement in the Prime scanner (along with how capsules appear to shift left or right when I’m done loading/unloading one).

• I like placing my highest res in a slot that is the hardest to get at. When the deploy screen comes up it rotates in either direction which makes it really difficult to deploy the res in the proper spot. The only way to fix this problem is to bring back the red dot that was used in redacted to indicate the very north res slot. That way when the deploy screen comes up it wont matter how the screen rotates you will always know where the north resonator slot is...

• @mspirate @gmtechca the resonator slots will be oriented with how your screen is turned when you're on the portal. It's easy to control placement once you get used to it.

• It would be nice just to make it easier to figure out which one. It could be the top left or right. It depends on the rotation @cmonineedaname

• I agree it would be handy. I was just wanting to make sure you knew that you could already determine resonator slots (a harder way if surrounding area is clear).

• My experience has been that the angle on portal view is different than map view. This becomes more important if I’m in an unfamiliar area.

• Most times the compass needle is covered when you click on the portal to deploy a res or to recharge a res on a portal..

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Experience has shown that just getting players to deploy an R8 only solves most issues, and Niantic have actually improved on the red dot, by visually letting the player know which slot is the most strategic, Eg, putting the resonator in the middle of the water pond, instead of the path

• chndrkchndrk ✭✭✭

This feature is especially important during this contest, which explicitly tracks which slot we're deploying

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I still want the northern resonator mark to be implemented in Prime. It is an incredibly important feature for fast portal deploy tactics by groups of players.