[Feature Request] BadActor Medal

I’m not claiming this is a good suggestion, but for those caught cheating but only given a temporary ban should get their very own medal / badge in their profile.

Something gaudy looking that always sits in the very top left to let others know.

Of course, no removal and no upgrade except for that total ban option.

Comments

• Why not an icon next to their name similar to recursion?

Saves the trouble of having to open their profile.

• This one of those very American concepts. Branding people long after their punishment has ended. Next you'll be taking away their right to vo...Review in OPR.

• I think you are referring to the United States. America includes everything from Canada down to Chile and Argentina.

• edited October 2019

In general parlance, America or American refers to the United States of America. When referring to both continents you would use "The Americas" since there's no cultural homegenisation.

But continue to nitpick it to avoid your attempt at disenfranchisement.

• I was just clarifying the position of the country you were referring to. Thank you for confirming that it was the United States that you were describing initially.

As for branding people for doing something wrong, I did start off that this was probably not a great a idea but I wanted to throw out my thoughts on it.

In the same context, why should we continue to praise people after their accomplishments have aged? All those medals should just be temporary so everyone is on the same level at the end of the day. Leave the branding to the cattle.

I am not going to respond to anything further on this. I am just going to see what everyone else thinks. Good or Bad. :)

• All those medals should just be temporary so everyone is on the same level at the end of the day. 

I still wish Recursion would have reset the appearance of medals back to locked (with a lifetime counter) so that you could regain them.

I did start off that this was probably not a great a idea 

That's the idea version of "I don't mean to offend you but..." when you totally know your'e going to offend someone. ;-)