Ingress Prime 2.32.2 Release Notes

13»

Comments

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Notes from using Prime yesterday.

Got speedlock while standing still. I had opened application at the location I was at, hacked 2 portals next to me, then decided to open up some capsules to pull out some mods. I pulled out some mods, some keys, then when exiting the item management screen, Prime app froze.

Restarted app to fix.

Later, after throwing some 1, fields (can't see more than 1 digit when throwing fields, it used to be 2 digits, now it's even worse than it was before (bug was submitted on the old Subreddit days after initial launch last November)), I was walking back to my truck, scrolling through some keys to recharge, and the Prime app froze again.

Had to restart the app to fix.

This morning, hanging out at a park, glyphing portals (6 within reach from one spot!) to refill some resonators, and recharge some portals, app froze within 30 minutes in the middle of a glyph.

Had to restart to fix.

Samsung S9

Android Version: 9

One UI Version: 1.0

Android Security Patch level: September 1, 2019

Screen Resolution: FHD+ (2220 x 1080)

Ingress Prime Version: 2.32.2-2101f4c

Is there any crash analytics that run in the app when it detects the last shutdown was due to an issue? Is there any way for us to access a debug menu where we can enable this if it's not enabled, so it can send in these reports so the developers can see the issues that are occurring this frequently in hopes that they can be resolved? @NianticScot or @NianticBrian

• 8. XM arc and AP bar disappear after a while, would like them to always be visible.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It disappears when you zoom all the way out. That is by design.

• Every time a new update is there I can not play for a day or more. Please do not block the game. And give an option to continue playing. Also if I am not the road I can not download large updates, so I need to able to tell. That I will install it later.

Just ran into multiple issues on the current release where I'm unable to link to portals that I have multiple keys for. Same area that I usually micro field with Redacted. Prime won't let me link most of the time. This is VERY frustrating. At least I've only had the app freeze once while glyphing.

Time to play some Orna I guess.

Samsung S9

Android 9

Ect

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Ehh, well they don't force the update the moment it comes out. It's a staged rollout almost every time, with a grace period before you have to upgrade. REDACTED is now gone, but that was announced months ago, and you had months to download prime.

• Hi, sadly there still is no option to choose the level of animation, which makes mid-range phones (typically with 3gb of ram) very buggy with Prime: the game decides to run the full animation package, but it is too much for the phone when other apps are running, and so Prime restarts every time it is put in the background.

Please add an option to force Prime to run "lightwight'" animations, as many players are extremely frustrated with the memory consumption of Prime (500-600 mb of ram).

The lightweight version already exists, (as shown in this post: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/4413/animations-depending-on-phone-resources#latest) so adding it as an option to the menu seems quite easy...

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with the newest iPhone, the game doesn't run stable in the background. Portal submissions is a pain at the moment, photo's being rotated. So switch from in-game to camera, take a picture, back to ingress, it restarts. Start nomination, need second photo, switch back, same thing happens.

All in all, a lot of progress is made. But if NIA takes a critical look at the amount of time it took to come to where we are now, they might just wonder if they need to change things up. The Anomaly is 10 days out, and it looks like we're going to an event we paid 15 euro's for, to be greatly disappointed in speed, stability and fun. They have one shot to get this right and not lose a huge chunk of their remaining playerbase...

• >>It disappears when you zoom all the way out. That is by design.

Kinda makes sense. I zoomed in a bit, and they re-appeared. Thanks.

• @EvilSuperHeros there are crash analytics already running, and we're working to address the issues you're reporting. If the app hangs or freezes but doesn't crash, it's helpful if you can let us know, just like you did here, your device info and what you were doing in the app. Our team then works to reproduce reported issues so we can investigate further and resolve them, thank you.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

In my experience over 90% of Ingress Prime "crashes" are actually lock-ups that require the app to be force-stopped and restarted. In 75% of the other crashes, the app just disappears from my screen with no further dialogue. So if you are waiting for reports from the Android crash reporter, you won't get many. I've sent maybe half a dozen of those over the last year.

• Please, rename "Scores" into "Intel" how it was in the old scanner. It looks more autentetich when the part of the scanner app showing to us captured MU if it names "Intel".

• I'm actually fine with Scores. It's more easy to refer to, especially for new players.

Something else I've noticed, since Prime is now the only scanner. If you do close your app, or minimize it for any reason, it's just better to completely close the app and reload it. Else it will freeze within the next 5 minutes or so. Nothing else freezes up, just the Prime App. I usually listen to a text to voice app in the background when playing to listen to a book while I'm playing.

One other thing, and I'm unsure why this occurs, didn't happen previously with Redacted. When going in to recycle items, or accessing anything in menu management screens (recycling gear, loading or unloading normal capsules, quantum capsules, or key capsules), when exiting the menu management screen, the GPS location "jumps" about 100-500 feet away from my physical location. I will temporarily get an error stating "GPS location incorrect" then within about 5 seconds I'm back to the correct location. I do scoop up all of the XM along the way if I'm missing XM.

The really odd issue about the above issue, with the GPS "jumping" is that I also see it in the current version of Pokemon Go. Usually just after I've sent a gift or loaded an egg into an incubator.

Issue didn't happen in Redacted. It doesn't happen in other AR/GPS games (tried to do a similar action).

I'm using my Mobile connection when out (Verizon). My WIFI is disabled.

Location setting is on

Improve accuracy

• Wi-Fi Scanning is enabled
    • Bluetooth Scanning is enabled (bluetooth isn't on when I'm out playing, using wired headphones)

Also enabled are

• Emergency Location Service
    • Google Location Accuracy

I haven't recently changed any settings. The Pokemon Go jumping has been occurring for at least 2 weeks that I've noticed it, but I usually only open the app a few times a week to send people gifts if someone else reminds me to, so I'm not 100% sure on the time frame for that.

Samsung S9

Android Version: 9

One UI Version: 1.0

Android Security Patch level: September 1, 2019

Screen Resolution: FHD+ (2220 x 1080)

Ingress Prime Version: 2.32.2-2101f4c

• Same. It seems particularly likely to hang when charging from keys, UI just locks up completely. These seem to happen much more often with 2.32.2 than the previous version. Android could really do with a "force close and send report" option..

I had one occasion yesterday where the app just disappeared when selecting a portal to use an ADA on (that also happened often when trying to submit a portal, but I haven't tried that for the last couple of versions, it's just too much of a waste of time).

Also great difficulties trying to make a medium length link (~80km) from a portal with slightly dodgy signal - scrolling to the right in the portal selector, it just kept sliding back to a nearby portal.

• You took away redacted? Boo

• Swping left or right in comm should switch tabs beteween "Activities" , "Alerts" n "Chat".

Would like to be able to hide AP bar n my name.

Tnx but i know my name , does it needs to be displayed all the time in my scanner?

Would likeyo hide(remove) the "Activities" info on main screen to be removable as well. Its pain in the **** to reach top to hit it n its not usefull being there.

U had it right in the original scanner. Being at bottom n let us decide witch tab to follow

• what about the freeze/crash issue ?

please I can't play a session without up to 10 crashes. I'd like to report to real devs and not on a public forum. technical post already written.

best regards

• I'd just like to add that freezes with 2.32.2 often happen during remote recharge for me, too. Might be because I do s lot recharging. Maybe during movement or after switching between apps.

Often I don't wait for UI to react but established finger move patterns to be faster. Maybe that is also a reason. 2.31.2 was much! more stable.

• One of the things I don't like about the newest UI is that the left side of the map screen is darkened whenever I'm receiving items from a hack. I think this obscures too much of the map while getting items.