2»

Comments

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

So still not fixed ?

This bug is very annoying 😥

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

this should have been fixed before anomalies start.. :(

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian (tagging him to see if we can actually get an update on this issue since Redacted is going away very soon) acknowledged the issue as of Sept 10th, 2019 and that he was seeing it on the 2.31.2 build.

Beyond that, I don't think I've really seen any further information from anyone in Niantic's camp on this issue. 2.32.2 is the 4th release with the same issue, which means no regression testing on some (or more?) base features (like linking). Hopefully they get it figured out and fixed in the next release, which sadly sounds like it won't be until after Redacted is gone.

• @NianticBrian I can also confirm its still happening on 2.32.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

It's annoying, but the easy work around to prevent this is not select your next target until you see the linking animation. It really slows things down though.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

this will be bad if not fixed for those going to anomalies soon :(

• I've been doing this for now:

1. Link
    2. Wait for animation to start, press anywhere to cancel animation
    3. Make next link

OR

1. Turn on sound
    2. Link
    3. Listen for the SFX, and you will eventually learn when it's safe to do the next link :)

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Yeah this works, but this throws a massive wrench in the link speed i'm used to getting with PRIME to the point it's actually faster in REDACTED.

It's one of the big thing's i've been selling PRIME with to the local community, so I find it fairly disapointing that this bug has now survived several updates and REDACTED closure is imminent.

I'm prepairing to take a lot of "i told you so's" from die hards currently still in REDACTED...

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian This is still an open bug, the week Redacted is going away. Last night I was out linkstar-ing a portal and despite only 1 key (x100+ quantity) being in my inventory, Prime refused to link it after this bug surfaced. Redacted threw the link below just fine, and all subsequent links from different portals, while Prime simply wouldn't. The only way to fix this was to restart Prime, only to have it happen again after 5-10 portals, making it completely unusable for this purpose. (And when that didn't happen, Prime would lock up and crash...)

Unless this is going to be fixed for good early next week, I would strongly urge Niantic to delay the retirement of Redacted until this critical, core gameplay bug is fully resolved. We cannot go into an anomaly two weeks from tomorrow without this being fixed.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

redacted wont be delayed the retirement, but niantic could release a hotfix before next anomalies starts tho..

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

They could... Or they could of fixed it in one of the past 4 releases that the bug has been in.

I'm sure glad I'm not going to the first Prime only anomaly.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Bug is still present but error text changed with last update.

Before: portal name in red when link fail.

Now : error message link already existing even if not.

• Lucky its not me who is the only one facing this problem.

But yes pretty annoying.

• TinderbiscuitTinderbiscuit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

The only way to consistently avoid linking incorrectly is to back out of the link screen after each individual link. That means a new link request sent to the server for each link. That's going to require more server processing time per portal.

It appears that this is caused by a UI bug (though this may not be so). The client shouldn't interfere by removing a valid link from the list. It appears that after the link animation, it removes whatever the "currently highlighted" link is from the list. If you watch the animation that becomes the next valid link in the list, which is then removed.

• Alternative is what we used to do to skip the animation. Make a link, close linking, open linking, make next link.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

@Perringaiden but then you have to wait for all the keys to load again.

• As opposed to only being able to make every odd link, or having the link change underneath your finger? Worth it to me.

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

Nope just wait until the animation starts then you can safely skip the rest. Which is a lot faster than going in and out of linking screen. And this workout works all the time.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

not really as the next key disappear from link choice

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

Then you are too fast, really wait until the animation starts and then you can skip the rest of the animation.

• Still a problem in 2.33.1. Same process as OP explains. Need to wait for the beginning of the animation or else the next valid link disappears.

• The bug is always in the 2.33

Please make something, it's the best on prime !!!

Now, if we pass the link animation too quickly, the next key disappears from the inventory and it says that the link is done!

It was really the best bonus, being able to make 3 links in less than 2 seconds.

Stop the animations of the buttons that are useless and take care of the main thing!

The edible is not an emergency, the links are! Thank you. Thank you.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Prime 2.33.1.

So I just went for real linking in Prime, for the first time... My actions were as follows:

1. Open linking screen.

2. Tap link (lets call it link 1).

3. Scroll to the next portal (portal disappears from the list indicating that link went through)

4. Tap link (link 2), scroll again, portal disappears.

5. Tap link (link 3).

6. Close linking screen.

And I see that only links 1 and 3 actually did went through, but not link 2. For my situation at the time this meant I closed inner field in 2-layer field but not outer one...

With this unstable behavior it means that after each link I should close linking menu and check whether the link actually went through. No improvement compared to Redacted.

Waiting for fix. Please switch to making your app more stable and reliable rather than adding new features, at least until there's no bugs which are that obvious...

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

You can never guarantee that a link will go through until the server responds to say that the link has been established, because there might be data signal issues, etc, that mean that the command got lost somehow. So the only way to do this is to wait for the animation to start before cancelling it and going to the next link.

I've thrown dozens of layered fields with Prime and not one of them has gone wrong. It's only a couple of seconds (except in low-data areas - but that's where the risk is greatest) so if the link order matters, do it properly.

• If I try to link, and hit the button to continue to the next link, it cancels the previous link and also cancels the new link I want to make and shuffles to the next key in line.

The only way I can consistently link fast, is hit link, wait a sec, back out, go back in, and do this one at a time.

VASTLY inferior to Redacted and using the back button. It's no surprise to me that thousands of people have abandoned the game altogether.