Change ticket from free to paid

Is it posible to change my anomaly ticket from free to paid onsite? Or is it something that has to go through support?

Tnx, siemp

Tagged:

Comments

• Support has escalated this internally to the event team. I'll update with any news in case anyone has the same issue.

• Update:

Thanks for your patience.

We are sorry to let you know that once the ticket has been purchased, it's not possible to cancel the ticket. You can only choose one date and ticket type for your entire order. Please refer to the below link for more information:

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/ingress/?p=web&s=ingress-events&f=registering-for-events.

• Hi there @siemp, while you can't make this change on-site, I just confirmed with the events team that support can now remove a free ticket from your account and allow you to purchase a paid ticket.

It sounds like you already have a ticket open with the team, can you reply with your ticket number so we can take a closer look?

• Hi, @NianticCasey

Conversation ID: #4217308P

Order ID

ING-38282-73069-41575

Is one of these numbers of help?

siemp

• Yes! Taking this to my events team, please stand by.

• Good news! We were able to remove your free ticket. You should now be able to purchase a paid ticket. Let me know if you run into any difficulty!

• Thank you for your help.

Greetings, siemp

• Since I have the same problem, I have just opened a support request. Unfortunately, the bot doesn't really know anything about handling cases regarding event tickets, there wasn't an option for this. I'll update this with further informationen when Nia Support gets back to me.

• RamiiRamii ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey since we will see this case more often, could you guys make an official post about the steps to take to make the switch, post that we can share in our anomaly chats... I assume making comments here is not the ideal about changes... :)

Thx

• @NianticCasey what about changing from an offsite ticket to onsite, or onsite to offsite? People have had issues in the purchase process and have ended up with the wrong type OR they signed up for one type and need to change due to life reasons.

• b4z1ng4b4z1ng4 ✭✭
    edited September 2019

It's currently not possible to enter a shared Code from an "Onsite Activation (Paid)" ticket if the person signed up for a free ticket earlier.

That's tricky. I could imagine many players will quickly get the free one in order not to forget to get something at all. Then, close to the anomaly, codes will be shared and people will get that...

• Follow up to my post from yesterday. I have opened up a support ticket (#4333636) and someone claimed they removed my ticket. Guess what, didn't happen, I couldn't order a paid ticket for Dresden. This is how it looks currently.

I can click on the Dresden banner and can still see that I have an order for a free ticket. So I opened a ticket again (#4335265) and Niantic support claimed they remove my ticket again. Guess what, I am not able to order a paid ticket and I can still see my ordered free ticket.

@NianticCasey

• NIA removed the free ticket from the affected account and it was possible to redeem a code from a paid ticket successfully. tnx.

• Same here, my free ticket was removed and i could enter everything to get a paid ticket. Thx.

• same It's currently not possible to enter a shared Code from an "Onsite Activation (Paid)" ticket if the person signed up for a free ticket earlier.

• RamiiRamii ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey is there a page or a possibility on registration page to cancel if an agent took the free ticket ? since they cant use promo code once free ticket is taken. if not how/where to fix it ? thanks !

• You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

• I would like to change my free registration for my registration with code please

• Hi!

how can I change my ticket for the anomaly in Antwerp from on-site to off-site?

I’ll do a recharger room .