Tracking Avenir

Truthseekers, there's been an exciting new development in shard-tracking technology: The NIA has set up this tool to track the current locations of Avenir's shards! Even though I'm not officially affiliated with the NIA, given the global threat of Nemesis, they've been a little more open to sharing information with the likes of me, because they know I have a direct line to you Agents.

This particular development should prove incredibly valuable in our efforts to defeat Avenir, and offer Agents all over the world the opportunity to track the shards' progress.

- PAC

Post edited by NianticOfficial on

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

So Shard #2 (Explorer) is the only one to make any significant progress towards it's target.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

This is what I have been waiting for.

• Nice job Nia! I love this tool! Avenir cannot prevail when we all stand together! Thanks for sharing it with us @Truthseeker ...

• Fantastic!

• Excellent tool, now I can eat popcorn as I watch the XF vs XF action take place. May the best XF alliance win, at this point not even Nemesis is much of threat, it is our own rogue agents.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Shard tracker is broken! :-(

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Works for me

edit 1: next jump in 2 min - watch out UTC - I got confused as well and thought it didn’t update

edit 2: Not sure how quickly it updates. 5 min and no update. Will check in 30 min again

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

OK my mistake: https://www.ingress.com/shards/avenir_shards does not work, but taking the www off does work. But the non-working page doesn't say 404 or anything useful like that, it does actually display the shard tracker and then a fraction of a second later replaces the map with a large error symbol.

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I have just been working on some summary data

This doesn't yet include the jump that should have occurred 10 min ago. Efficiency is iffy if it hasn't arrived. It is the max efficiency left assuming you do a straight link where it currently is.

Edit: this is still work in progress. Suggestions welcome. I'm happy to share the raw data and help is welcome as I added all coordinates manually and I'm on UK time - so I won't be able to keep it up to date 24/7

Edit2: 12 min past last jump and it updated. Will update my table as well

• An update what happened from jump 15 to jump 16.

So far a single shard reached the target - Explorer.

Dreamer is well on it's way. It managed to travel half way in just 4 jumps and could arrive in a few more as it is the same target as Explorer and the US seems to have everything under control.

Spiritualist is moving in a triangle. It moved back to the spawn and now is on a second round around a tiny triangle. Needs to break out before there is any hope.

Omniscient just made the 'largest' jump so far of 3.5 km. Hasn't broken out of Budapest yet. But there is hope that is starts moving away from the spawn in the right direction.

Interpreter moved away' from the target but this seems a move to get it towards a long jump towards France or Spain. 220 km is the largest jump so far. Seems well on it's way.

Listener - no movement here. I hope it just waits for a large jump away from Oshima. That can be a difficult one.

Visionary - has no moved free of Melbourne. I hope this allows a large jump North as it has the largest distance to travel of all shards so far.

• Scattered rumors I've heard suggest that Bucharest is surrounded by groups hostile to xfac activity. There are people in the city on board, but they'll need to break the blockade to get it out. That may have diplomatic consequences.

And something broke cause the Romania shard is now in the heel of Italy

• Shard in Ukraine is a key here.

I have read screenshots from Russian discussion boards. They wanted to move Romanian shard to Russia.

It is much easier to move Ukrainian shard now. And it looks like it moves to East.

I could be wrong of course. It could be red herring.

• Trickster shard gets stuck on MTZ.

I can bet it will not move anywhere.

it is gated and secured territory.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

That's unfortunate. However, we did get the 7th shard at a capture point so the event will end as a success. Now it is only a matter of getting three more shards captured for additional rewards.

• It has moved! :)

• Sometimes the best way to get someone to do something is to tell them it is impossible 😉

• Yeah, looks like it was a spoof.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a shame.

But the score is 9/13 now, so not only have we already won the PvE, but one more and we also get a prize.

I wonder what the agents at the tractor factory will make of their reputation if all 12 of the other shards get scored.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

The remaining 3 shards have spawned

• Catalyst shard: Teachers Fountain, Portland, Organ, United States
    • Skeptic shard: Estacion de muestreo, Madrid, Spain.
    • Patron shard: Thai Boxing Art, Bangkok, Thailand

It will be interesting to see which way Skeptic will go, to the US or to Italy? And can the Pro-NIA forces liberate the Trickster from the agents of Nemesis?

• Looks like they fielded over link.

Next, they waited until shard jump back and after that they killed  МСП portal.

If no proofs about spoofing then they are not guilty.

If you are local then you know loopholes in secure environment. Both sides could have friends who helped them.

Let's see what will be later :)

For me, it looks like a fight of lone wolf against pack. She/he tried to steal shard and failed.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Just charter a helicopter and swoop in just before the next jump occurs.

Indeed. Dresden will be extremely interesting to be a fly on the wall. Unless there is a redacted/prime faction as well as ENL/RES.

• This has taken me a lot longer this time after a week of hell at work and an OP Friday night followed by a social on Saturday. But I'm back up to date: