Ingress Prime 2.32.2 Release Notes

Comments

• The first recent UI update was great. The latest UI update appears to crash the scanner about every 5 minutes, hard-freeze style. Deploying resonators without crashing the scanner is a roll of the dice.

• ThunperXThunperX ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Android... IMMERSIVE MODE option .......................................!!!!!!!!! This must be too hard?

• Same here (fwiw I'm using a pixel 2 with Android 10) - I would suggest this release is pulled and revert to 2.31.2 in the app stores, it is really unusable.

• "Remote portal view not possible from the portal key, this makes portal hopping impossible (feature parity?)"

But remote portal view *is* possible in prime from the key carousel. It just takes a ridiculous number of taps to get there.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact remains that the behavior is different in Prime compared to redacted. The function of the key button and the ability to hop from portal to portal in remote view using those keys should make it's way into prime.

• It's there now, so I'm not sure what you are looking for.

• Please tell me your secret that allows your scanner to be active for 30 mins. I don't think I had ever 10 mins on Prime without a freeze

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Ensure that all background apps are closed, and that you have done a basic cache clean in your device.

Basic housekeeping.

Then you will get much better stability.

However, the number of people who have commented about stability, suggests that it is somewhat related to portal density.

High portal density areas reach higher app crash rate to lower portal density areas. This is just from my observations.

• This would explain my app's stability then. Somewhat rural play area FTW. 😁

Hopefully Niantic will take a look at this and fix it.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

okay, please show me how to enter remote portal view by clicking on a portal in the scanner, and then clicking on the portal key.

In redacted you can enter remote portal view, which allows you to select another portal in the view. If you have a key you can enter that portals remote portal view to view another, and so on. You can't currently do that in Prime.

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

View portal key then tap on the current photo - you can then view nearby portals. Apart from the silly graphics it's pretty much the same as with Redacted.

Edit: the one thing that you cannot do from the remote view is to submit edits if you're too far away, which I think has already been mentioned as another gap in Prime.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Why? How far should it be taken? Remove all portals from amusement parks that charge entry? Remove portals for any building not open 24/7?

• Please find below a translation in French. Hope this helps.

Vous devriez bientôt recevoir la version 2.32.2 de l'application Ingress Prime. Elle contient les changements suivants :

================

Ingress Prime

Notes de mise à jour

v. 2.32.2

================

Interface graphique :

1. Durant une attaque de portail, les dommages reçus par les résonateurs sont affichés avec des nombres (sans rectangle)

Expérience utilisateur :

1. Pendant que le tutoriel de l'agent est en cours, ajout d'un bouton "Arrêter le tutoriel" au menu principal

Correction de bugs :

1. Les boutons du menu principal sont de nouveau accessibles après avoir ouvert les événements puis être revenu au menu principal.
    2. Sur les cartes signalant les portails avoisinants, augmentation de la taille de la zone de tapotement
    3. Afin d'être cohérent avec la récolte des passcode et du kit de champ lors de la montée de niveau, les agents peuvent acheter des items quand leur inventaire contient 1999 objets, même si cela dépasse ensuite la limite des 2000 (les agents devront malgré cela réduire leur inventaire sous la limite avant de pouvoir hacker d'autres éléments).
    4. Le menu contextuel obtenu par appui long est accessible uniquement depuis la vue carte.
    5. Les objets déposés affichent la couleur de leur niveau
    6. Les boîtes de dialogue des passphrases de mission sont agrandis pour s'ajuster à leur contenu
  • GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

Argument of the beard.

Even you must admit the difference between a playground at a public park and a statue in a high security military installation. The first adds enjoyment for anyone. The later just encourages frustrations and shenanigans.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is that doesn't work in the scenario that Jo0Lz was talking about, which is: click on a portal, click on the key from within the portal view, tap on the photo. Tapping on the photo has no effect here.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently in order to run Prime somewhat well you just need to buy a dedicated device. Even then it will likely crash frequently.

• Has the minimum requirements for android changed?

I get a black screen on my nexus6. I remember it was working on 9/14.

• Tap the top of the screen to display [remote portal veiw].

• Making new friends is possible for locations within private residential areas, if drift doesn't get you there. But there should be nothing within protected areas such as military bases, prisons, power plants, or the like. Even school compounds are a grey area.

Portals should be accessible to the general public.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah sorry bro, that only works when you enter those screens from your inventory by clicking on keys. It simply doesn't work if you click on a portal in the scanner, and clicking the key icon, like in redacted. Remote portal view in Redacted can be entered by opening your scanner, clicking on a portal and then clicking the key icon.

In Prime you click on a portal, click the key icon and it takes you to the page with mods and pictures. This makes "portal hopping" impossible.

• From last update, it starts freezing... 1hour gameplay, 5 x freeze, need to close an start again... ☹️ Really bad...

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

No new portals are allowed on military bases but old ones are grandfathered in. Schools are not a grey area at all - portals are absolutely prohibited and always have been.

If you want the portal criteria changed there is a category for that, but that has nothing to do with the scanner.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Military Base portals may not be "allowed" but they are still being accepted by OPR reviewers.

And they are still going live.

• DJPatesDJPates ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Just tried.

• Hacking glyphs thus far seems smoother.

• Portal key charge button seems ok. Would like a carousel but if not doable, it's fine for now.

Will update again if there's issues.

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    1. Sorting by name still doesn't work.
    2. Prime still relies on device's compass. Not all devices have a compass.
    3. Prime still takes 4-5 times more RAM than Redacted.
    4. Portal hopping still doesn't work.
    5. Pressing device's BACK button works in some menus and doesn't work in others.
  • ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

6. When boost-charging a portal that needs more XM than I currently have, Prime uses up all my XM and Scanner gets disabled. Redacted left some XM to keep Scanner running.

• 7. No option to share profile/portal info as a screenshot

• Prime freezes randomly when I open it back from background. I'm playing it on a OnePlus 6T running Android 9.

• Bugs related to Missions in 2.32.2-2101f14c:

• "Capture/Upgrade the Portal" are not recognized correctly, so the next mission portal won't show until you restart Ingress.
    • Mystery-Missions reveal all mission portals in the Mission-Overview, In the working Redacted-Version, the very first portal was shown, only. The next portal was shown later, when the task (hacking, Passphrase, etc.) related to the first mission portal was done.
    • When calling the mission overview after the restart of ingress the overview often hangs and I have to restart again.
    • The problem that glyph hacks won't count as hacks might explain some other progress display problems I experienced today.

Suggestion:

During a mission, portals may be hacked, linked, captured/upgraded, being used for a field and maybe should require a successful glyph hack instead of just a simple hack.

I'm somewhat disappointed, that I'm forced to use the defective Prime Scanner, while the working Redacted Scanner is shutdown.