OPR in the news on PokemonHub....

Personally I think Niantic should do wizards before Pokemon for submissions, because a wizard creating a portal sounds like magic and makes sense. Pokemon Go, some are ready for OPR reviews and the mass community of Pokemon Go would help the review speeds. But niantic hasn't released in the USA which is still a surprise when other areas have it.

Personally, I think submissions should have a check box for which games they are intended for, so reviewer's can see the difference of the location spacing and not reject as often. Because ingress and Wizards have closer spacing than Pokemon Go. I feel players who have earned High enough levels in each game should have a higher weighted vote where others who didn't. Because that means you have taken the time to learn all of the games and not just one.

(No... Let's not make this about me. But a civil conversation....)

So what's Niantic's plan with submissions moving forward. If OPR reviewer's are burnt out and tired, new eyes from the larger communities would help the situation.

Best Answers

Answers

• A civil conversation and I already got a flag. Smh. Grow up ingress players. You guys are supposed to be adults. I said this isn't about me. But let's have a civil conversation.

• @NianticCasey will you address the people that are flagging inappropriately. I'm trying to be civil and have a discussion.

• 1. Having more people to review might make the community better because if ingress players are burnout and only doing 1 stars, it's not helping the community.

2. Agree on the same database that should. But my idea with flagging the submissions by game also helps reviewer's by knowing what the game intent was for based on current setup with different spacing.

3. I think a better guide for opr needs to happen soon. I know @NianticCasey mentioned it is in the works, but maybe a timeline when it is coming will make the community rest easier.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

1a. I 100% agree that OPR needs more reviewers, however, I don't believe opening it up to Pokemon GO/Harry Potter Players is the way to go.

1b. Pokemon Go Players have incentive to approve everything, its like saying someone you get paid based on the number you approve. Well obviously you would be inclined to approve more to make more.

1c. I suggest maybe first reducing OPR to level 10/11 but only make your votes count if you have a higher than 60% agreement ratio on decided on portals.

2. The database changing eliminates the need to the "review" as mentioned. With that being said as far as marking which game, that would cause a bias in OPR as people may favor a specific game and review more harsh or less harsh based on which game its intended for.

• Some do. Don't assume they don't. Some 1star everything just to hopefully get to their submissions.

Speaking of how OPR works if they continued to only hit 1* they would very quickly get a cooldown and be locked out for 24 hours at a time.

• 1. It needs to have all communities involved because that is how the rest of the world will be completed. It's unfair for people who play other niantic games. Having more opinions will make more things available and approved, because the end goal is to help communities learn the communities.

2. An incentive for pogo players? They spend the most money on the games. They should be allowed to review submissions more than ingress players.

3. Limiting to just Ingress players doesn't help areas in the world than has only pokemon or wizards players.

4. There is already bias in ingress reviews. Already bias from ingress players having to review pokemon submissions.

• Pokemon players can only earn 50 coins per day no matter how many gyms are in the game. It's a daily achievement in a way. It's not incentive based. You are mislead sir.

• Agreed on the spoofing risk. But if spoofers can build up their areas, why would they spoof?

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't work like that. In fact if they 1* everything they would stop having any effect on what they are reviewing.

They make lots of 1* ratings, they dont make agreements, their ranking goes to poor and then what ever they review has no effect.

In essence they stop themselves from doing anything productive

• An how many complain about cooldowns every week already? Uh well if you think about it, it is because they are doing 1 stars for everything, instead of reviewing things properly.

I believe very rural areas/countries should have special rule sets to allow for submissions to be made by possible other games/lower level ingress player(Maybe Level 8). If they set a geofence around the low density areas to allow for this that could help. They would have to prevent remote submissions out of the geofence too to prevent above.

I am saying PoGo players have incentive to literally approve every portal they see, and not everything should be approved.

As it stands unless someone specifically says they are submitting for PoGo in their description or submission statement there is no way to know. This reduces bias, there already is bias, but specifying which game would only increase bias.

• They're not burnout players, that's a different thing entirely.

I have had cooldown 3 times in 4 months and I can assure you its not from 1* its from too many 4/5 stars in a row or similar reviews in a row. Example if I get 5 churches in a row I have to slightly vary the reviews in order to prevent cooldown. Cooldown hits on too many similar/same reviews in a row regardless of which * it is.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does anyone spoof, why does anyone cheat, because they can. You get people who spoof because they cant be bothered to walk, others do it because they think its funny, others do it because they like being awkward theres lots of reasons why people spoof, saying that its just because an area isnt built up is both not a valid reason to spoof or the sole solution

• Shouldn't be allowed to have one niantic game to have more power then the others. It should be equal. Players have to take the test. They fail they don't get to be in the reviews. If they pass then they know the rules. Just because you're an ingress player does not make you any different than the others. In reality being an ingress player already makes you bias over the others. A lot of ingress players hate the other games. Refuse to play them. Don't care about the game plays. Don't understand the protocol for reviews. And the reviewers don't even follow the help, they add extra criteria that isn't in the guide for good submissions. Either open the opr to all games or niantic needs to pull it from ingress to make it fair across the board.

• 4 accounts? No sir. An for the record this post was specifically not to be about me. If you can't control your attitude please leave the convo.

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

The spacing changing in PoGo would be horrible because of spawns. There's more to the game than Stops/Gyms and things would be impossible to click with everything on top of eachother. It's not great that it limits things from being the same across the board but I'd rather this than not having any room to click spawns

• Wizards has spawns and has tighter spacing than pokemon.

• Agreed. It's coming and no one can stop it. How its handled should be discussed and people need to realize what can be suggested to help monitor. Your points are similar to my idea. Opr has home and bonus locations. Reviewers should have the ability to add all 3 games information to it to have a stronger review value, in my opinion. Because someone who plays all 3 at a high player lvl should be rewarded for it. (This helps ingress players to have a stronger vote than others....)

I mentioned in my first post that first and foremost I am a Pokemon Go Player who played ingress to submit/review.

Second, the current OPR test is a joke. Its far to simple. Lets say they open up submissions/reviews for all areas of the world for PoGo, if that is the case I believe an account should need at least 50 million exp. Then I believe they need to take a extremely difficult test to review submissions, when they hit 2500 agreements they earn the ability to submit like 4 submissions every 2 weeks, hit 5000 agreements get 8 every 2 weeks, and finally 10000 agreements they earn 14 every 2 weeks. Something like that to help increase reviewers and decrease spam/trash submissions.

Now, that being said they could still implement a geofence based on density and reduce requirements for low density areas.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously you're going to deny this now considering you went on a rant about your HP account, your 4 PoGo accounts and your Ingress account?

Leaving the fact that you're a proven liar aside (the whole changing from a 30+ man to 64 year old man, 64 year old woman debacle) No i wasnt making the post about you, I was using you as an example.

Anyone with a PoGo account is incentivised to make money from gyms, multi accounters more so as they have more need and reason for the coins

• Then ingress players would be reduce to the same rules.

I think if you play all 3 games you should have an incentive for more submissions allowed every 13 days. (And yes ingress needs to fix that glitch making it 14 days.)

• Again this post isn't about me. If you can't show respect and have a civil conversation than leave.... You have had ample time to play all of the games. You should of took advantage at it....

This discussion has been closed.