2X AP Doesn't Make Sense for Off-site Participants

In order to get participation medals off-site, there are at least three available options:

1. Join an off-site recharge activity
  2. Be an operator
  3. Decode intel

Given these types of participation, your actual in-game activity will be limited and you won't be able to make full use of the 2x AP reward that comes with purchase of an offsite ticket.

Comments

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your point is unclear. Are you trying to discourage agents from signing up for the medal, it trying to discourage Niantic from offering the bonus? Both of those are **** moves.

(Let's be honest with ourselves: Off-site is probably getting double-AP because it was easier to program consistent behavior for the two types of medals than it was to code different behavior.)

• we seen p2w movement in ingress for a long time, with many staps. selling double ap possibility is just next logical step.

• That's exactly how I saw it. If someone can pay for off site 2xAP with each anomoly (or with multiple sites during one anomaly), they're getting an advantage over other players simply because they can afford to. If they have no way to recharge or decode, the only reason they would sign up is for 2xAP which isn't helpful at all to their faction.

• I was thinking the same thing, but it's only for a few hours - they can get the same thing for free from a FS, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's like buying a lucky egg in Pokemon I guess, but it's only allowed every few months.

• What would you suggest? Removing the double AP?

It's better than nothing man, just leave it.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

They should double XM instead of AP so helping with Recharger badge or even convert some XM percentage into AP

• Most recharge rooms will have a mini farm to replenish power cubes. Even if they can only manage level 7 portals (although most will have P8s), that's still ~300 AP per glyph hack, with 16 hacks if there's a VR multihack so ~5000 AP per portal, hopefully multiple portals within range so you're looking at about 10000 - 20000 AP just from glyph hacking that can be doubled. It's not a huge amount, but it's also not insignificant.