Field Test, Trekker, and Adventure Sync

By now it is obvious that the most complained about and misunderstood stat in the hexathalon was Trekker. Reading through posts I see a lot of agents either overestimated how much they moved in game, moved too fast, or just didn't pay attention to their personal event stat page.

I personally was able to score 4.3 km, but was actively going for that stat well before the end. Even then I was a little worried because I didn't want to drop progress on the stat by switching to my stat page or to the event map to find artifact portals. Now your other game, Pokemon Go has this cool thing called Adventure Sync. While I don't think it is optimal for ingress to always have this, in an event like hexathalon it would be very useful. Having Adventure Sync built in to ingress but only having it turn on after hacking tje start portal at the beginning of the event means that agents would be able to track and get credit for Trekker while away from the scanner. With the city map of artifact portals being an integral part of this event, this means agents could use the map to navigate around an unfamiliar city and still earn km walking. Then have adventure synch switch back off at the end of the event

Comments

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

With Pokémon Go, Adventure Sync works exactly while the game is not running. And it is not very quick either. You don't get the stats immediately but after a lot of delay. So, it doesn't seem very helpful with the scenario of a field test.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Adventure sync the way it work with pokemon will it work with ingress. Earning trekker points without playing?

If it works only if the game is open, but minimized, that would be helpful. But will need some checks, like had to hack a portal in the previous 15 minutes, to prevent people to leave the game open for a week without interaction with it.

Sometimes like you said you need to see other apps, maps, and walk while playing, but since you is not with ingress as main app, is a shame to loss those minutes of walking.