Please remove the new checkmark pause during mission play

NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in App Feedback (Archive)

In 2.31, a new mechanism was added to mission play which shows a checkmark when a mission objective was achieved.

This checkmark is shown two seconds and we have to wait for it to go away to see the next mission objective. This is highly annoying.

Please remove it again or make it behave asynchronously, so that we can continue to play even while it is shown.

I would prefer seeing it removed. Since January, I have played more than 1300 missions on Prime and never missed such a kind of checkmark. The activation of the next objective and the updates in the on screen progress display is enough. There is no need for this new behaviour.

Comments

• Yes! Please remove this.

• tircutircu ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Yes. Makes doing missions very slow. Also sometimes it doesn't show next mission waypoint

• I join the request. Unnecessary. Please roll back to previous behaviour.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

I have done 6541 missions. A lot, but not in the top echelons.

Assuming an average of 6.2 objectives per mission, if this feature had been in place from the beginning I would have spent 3.6 hours of my valuable Ingress play time just waiting for checkmarks to clear so that I could see which way to walk to the next mission objective.

If I travel to a new location and do 100 missions along the way and at my destination, that means ten minutes of a busy tiring day is spent just waiting for checkmarks to clear.

I'm going to a pair of Mission Days this weekend. I was hoping to use Prime, or at least try to use Prime until it crashed too often. Now I'm not sure I'll even bother.

No. No. Please just say no and remove this and all artificial delays from the game. The ability to do a lot of small actions in quick sequence is important to Ingress players.

(If you want to make players think you understand the value of our time, how about one-click to fully deploy a portal?)

• I've done some missions with the new client. Marker didn't bother me, in fact, sometimes where you (magically) have two or more extremely close portals, it can be clarifying.

• Not only is this wait annoying, but if you perform another action deploy/mod etc while the checkmark is shown you won't be able to progress further until you restart the app.

• Getting this same behavior as well, which is super annoying. Took a while to realize the cause, but on my last trip almost every third mission froze progress until I restarted the app.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a few missions in prime last night and I did not see the mission indicators go away during the checkmarks, but they were any order, not sequential.

• why, oh why ....

• Please remove the checkmark

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

The checkmark is useful. The blocking delay is more annoying the more missions I do.

• The checkmark system is helpful in theory but a cumbersome time eater in practice. Removal or atleast shortening of the time they are displayed would be a substantive quality of life improvement for folks who regularly do missions.