Field Test Medal For All Participants

Agents,

We appreciate your participation in today’s Field Tests. These events allow us to test new technologies and functions of Ingress and the scanner. As mentioned on the Field Test event pages, we wanted to proactively explain in advance that due to the experimental nature of these events there was a possibility that issues could arise.  

Because of the various issues Agents experienced, we will be awarding all Field Test participants with the in-app Hexathlon medal if they did not automatically receive one. The medal will start to appear in scanners by the end of next week. 

Thank you for helping us test and explore the limits of what the Ingress scanner can do. To any Agents that did not have a positive experience, we are sorry, be aware that the information collected will help inform and shape future events and improve the Ingress experience for all Agents. Your efforts were not in vain. Thank you for your continued support! 

-- The Ingress Team

Comments

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

There were agents who weren't there but still got stats emails if they were playing elsewhere.

• If only we signed up for that event running in a different state! 🤔

• I think (and hope) that everybody receives a medal. If people had issues with Prime and couldn't complete the tasks, it is not their fault.

Of course, it would be nice to receive the medal you would have received if things were working correctly. But, at least we receive a medal for our efforts today.

• I think that they give the basic medal to everyone.

I would have received an elite medal today if my distance would have been counted correctly.

• subonjasubonja ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Also was affected by the "Walk 3 km" bug. I hope they'll push the elite badge since I would have gotten it hadn't the error occur. I was using Prime and apparently that was the culprit.

• Sure, it would be nice to receive the elite medal. Let's see what they decide to do.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, I was not able to attend a Field Test today, but thank you for recognizing the time and effort and experiences of those who did participate. I look forward to the next round of Field Tests.

• I for one had a really good time. I'll be honest, I was really worried about being able to walk that far and also fullfil all of the requirements. I managed to play in Prime the entire day. Until the most recent update that would have been a REALLY hard sell. I only had to restart the app a few times. (Redacted doesn't give me troubles like this). I did a short souvenir banner afterwards and every hack today was unique. My legs are spent, but If another similar event were held in my travel range I would seriously consider it, even with the new fee. Thank you for all that you do to keep this game online and interesting.

• +1 for the hopes Niantic looks into the cases where players would have gotten elite but was affected otherwise. Most of my team used Redacted which accurately counted the km walked, I used Prime which did not qualify me.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

The main motivation here from what I saw was agents who did not get Trekker credit for walking.

There is no way to reliably and easily tell the difference between agents who did not walk 3 km and agents who walked 3 km and it didn't register in the system. So everyone is given credit for the base tier.

• Will anyone not be on the scene get it?

• We want our elite medals,please reroll the stas whose got stuck in the middle and award accordingly!

• Bet you - off course that will happen... It's Niantic we are talking about 🤷😂

• Please check for the Elite completion too. Other than the trekker, all other Elite stats can be manually verified.

• Thanks for taking our feedback seriously. I really hope that hacking the start portal matters or other signs of participation (any artifact in scanner) are used like in anomaly 13 hacks in the playbox to get to know who was participating and who just signed up.

• Thank you! That is really appreciated.

• I did all the requirements needed. 82 glyph hacks, trekker 4km, hacks 288, deploy 449, 16 artifacts, mods 36. I went on GoRuck mode and just ran through all the portals, a total of 9km, my main goal was to get the elite in hacking and since I gave 110% and if I will be skipped from the elite, I don't have any motivation to participate in the next Field Test or Anonaly, not to mention that no one will be organizing that anymore because the outcome was that only 3 people got to do the requirements because the Field Test start notification came at 15:57 in Tartu and ended at 16:45. Which means that everyones efforts in Tartu starting from 15:15 were for nothing. The result was that everyone left with a negative vibe from the event, looks like messing up the timezones was very common in EET timezone. Not hard to fix but just absurd.

• Had a great day yesterday in Ipswich, weather was amazing and city was nice too however I did get cheated out of a elite badge. I walked side by side with a fellow agent he had 5.9k and obviously had elite however prime was playing up for me which resulted in me getting 4.7k which gave me the normal badge. Some what annoyed to say the least. I think if it wasn't for redacted as a back up I may not have had a badge at all.