An open letter to Niantic

Comments

• The utter disrespect that Niantic has for the a ingress player base confounds me.

• I completely agree. It's incomprehensible how a decision like this could be made so close to an anomaly which people have committed to. Niantic knows people want lots of notice about anomalies so we can plan for them. The timing of this announcement, as well as making the anomaly paid-only is distasteful.

• Well said @Claudija you said all our thoughts

• Well said

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

No! Come to Hawaii first and I'll get you 2 beers.

• Yes! Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful letter

• Well said

• I would imagine that any further changes are going to take time, And probably discussions with lawyers on at least five continents. We shall see where this goes.

• Well said, if they proceed like this, sure they will **** the game. 😭

• Agree 150%. Very well and true written, Claudia.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The free ticket, does not grant you the Anomaly medal, which is partly the reason people go, to prove to others that they played a part during the Anomaly.

The updated post by Niantic still does not cover, what players are expecting.

We understand that these events need to paid for in some way, and there have been numerous suggestions of ways in which to do that, without greed.

Even the new store item for the FTE is laughable.

A rare defense pack costs less, and the FTE gives 10 RHS and 100 R1s.

This is just pure, greed!

Stop it!

• Thank you for those words.

More is not to be added I at all no more

• After all said and done, they still took a free participation badge and made a product out of it. It's one step forward after two steps backward (three if you count the x2 AP too) and I have yet to see any added value here.

• I agree with the sentiment in this letter.

I am concerned about further monetizing anomalies. I prefer to buy swag. Paying for a participation medal, especially if you are an off-site participant just feels wrong.

• eumeline36eumeline36 ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Danke für das Gesagte, Claudija.

Ich bin noch viel zu entsetzt, um die richtigen Worte zu finden.

• ....what Claudija says.

Bad timeing, bad communcation, bad idea.

Not the best way to (re)gain friends in the community.

• What's next, off site betting facilities , where you can put money down on win place or draw at anomalies?