features someone might pay for that are not (very) pay to win

decorations on portals to show if i've hacked/capped them before (help with my explorer / pioneer badge), both in app and on the intel map

higher priority on portal nominations / edits. Or perhaps a paid subscription that gives access to nominations / edits and other perks.

more key lockers / more inventory space

app skins (UI colors? sounds?)

ability to reorder (or even delete) my mission medals

ability to suggest new glyphs

a subscription service that includes email notifications of new portals in my area.

web based inventory management

intel map decorations on portals for which i have keys

the ability to #tag keys, and sort keys by tags

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Voice Packs would be easier than skins.

• Many will pay for lucky eggs. Price it that way you want it. But double ap for 30 minutes.

• I would like there to be a virtual bank with a "vault" that we could rent that would hold some gear for a limited amount of time. Clear some inventory space by filling a capsule up with all of those VR items that you aren't going to use at a First Saturday, drop it off at the Niantic "vault" for 8 hours (or a day, or whatever) along with some payment. Then you go have your fun event and get the capsule dropped back at your location when your vault rental expires.

• Auto recycling of items above a set quantity when you need XM. I would pay for that!

No double AP for 30 minutes. How about instead, something that works like a Frackers. You put it on a portal and every action taken at that portal (by that player) earns double AP or 1.5ap for the next 5 or ten minutes, whether it is deploying resonators and mods, recharging, glyphing, or throwing links and fields. All limited to that one portal for that brief punt of time. Make them expensive and make them limited, and follow their use like Hawks to ensure there is no account seller abuse going on.

• GaijinHellGaijinHell ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I commented on an idea like that years ago on g+. Voices I would like to pay for:

- The Doctor (any of them)

- Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator

- Keanu Reeves as Neo

- Lawrence Fishburne as Morpheus

- Carrie_Ann Moss as Trinity

- @shires

- Darkwing Duck

- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker

- Mark Hamill as the Joker

- Mark Hamill

- Jennifer Hale as Commander Shepherd

- Klue

I was thinking more like characters from the game itself, or voice actors from the anime.

• "Friend" system where you can do nothing but check out each others profiles

• I wasn't all serious about my suggestions. But I would pay for a Klue voice pack immediatly.

• Scanner skins.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool, but I would like it to be a permanent mod. It could lower the portal defense, so even with 3aegis it won't be as effective as 1 vr without this mod (just an example).

There is a huge limit of how much ap you can do from just one portal, but having it with extra AP for as long as it takes to the opposite team come to break it, in some cases would be really good.

Being a exclusive from the store and not being able to be dropped or encapsulated, would be specially useful on farms get extra ap from the hacks and in areas with few players, that can only wait the portals to decay by themselves.

It's very less effective than a 30min Double AP, but more interesting.

You can get a lot of AP throwing multiple fields from one portal, flipping, killing and rethrowing them.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Customized beacons and scanner skins would really hit the spot, as some already stated.

Voice packs would be cool too but I think we all tend to mute the game at some point.

The glyph thing sounds nice, but it's Niantic who should be submitting many more glyph sequences into the the network: how many sequences would you require to turn that brainless app that guesses out the full sequence into a useless app?

• I would love to see different pay skins for the scanner!

This would provide a great way to monetize some aspects of the game while at the same time not being a pay to win feature.

As I know that there are some agents who long for the look of the redacted scanner.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

More of those kinetic capsules BUT they allow you to make stuff like rare items from common, xmps from lower level xmps, maybe even make viruses from high level stuff (like use 5 l8 ultras, 5 l8 xmps, 5l8 resos and a very rare mod)

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

It's interesting that this thread has been around for over a year, and this is the one single thing that has been implemented.

• BurliBurli ✭✭✭

I would pay for more Mission space. 180 is Not enough.

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

How about first of all give me a reason to bother playing more than once a week.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

if u want work on your medals i doubt once a week will get you anywhere?

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@aaronvianno If you don't find the game fun and interesting then why play at all?