Point leaderboard is kinda stupid.

Having the leaderboard of people with the most likes will not help to promote healthy discussion. It will only serve to encourage spammy, repetitive meme comments that people know will get them a lot of upvotes.

Tagged:

Comments

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

In essence, will become a lot like reddit in this regard?

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Memes are our daily business :)

• I think even worse than reddit. On reddit, you have to jump through hoops to find unofficial karma leaderboards. On this one it's in your face. Any form of karma/epeen measurement is bound to create problems. @Majeye

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

@DragonBallZeke I suppose that can be true, but if we, as a community, uphold a higher standard of our forum members with dignity, we can push out the trolls before it even gets started. Just ignore the leaderboard, don't give it any attention, and all will be well.

Report those that seem like they offer up nothing of significance to a discussion.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a beta. It will be changed.

• I think we are on the same page here, @Majeye. My point is that, if the best way to use something is to just ignore it, why have it there in the first place?

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

@DragonBallZeke Yeah, pretty much the same page. So, in essence, I agree with your original post.

• @GridEXE I hope so. But given the time it takes for issues to be worked out with Prime, I'm not hopeful.

• says the guy on top of the leaderboard... /wink. I completely agree that the leaderboard doesn't make much sense. This is how having a dislike button could counteract sh*tposting and meme-y commentary.

• @HarleyQuinn42 I'm just the kind of person where if the #1 spot is within reach I'll go for it. This suggestion is half for me because I know myself well enough that if it stays there I'm going to do as much as I can to keep myself up there. I don't want to start wasting all my time on this forum, as much as I do like this community.

• @DragonBallZeke and others: we are taking your feedback! But please give us some benefit of the doubt -- with Prime, we aren't able to prioritize everything immediately so yes, some issues will take longer but voting and expressing detailed feedback with repro steps, impact, etc. will help us to better prioritizing fixing important issues.

In general I agree with the sentiment of this thread - we don't want to encourage people just seeking to sore high on the leaderboard. That certainly isn't how we intended it. We'll continue to look at your feedback and monitor the situation.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

im cool with forum badges working like ingress badges... on the forum profile. Onyx Liked badge... a picture of sally fields clutching an Oscar. "you like me! you really like me!!"