Can't post links in forums

I'm trying to post my team's sitrep of the glyph challenge we completed on Sunday, however the forums are telling me I need to be "around a bit longer" before I can post links.

Well, I can't post images directly into the forums, so how on earth else am I supposed to submit this sitrep?

Tagged:

Comments

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Until you reach level 2, you can remove the HTTP(S):// from the start of the link, and it will let you post. It won't be a clickable link, but most browsers these days will allow you to highlight and go to the page.

• AstargAstarg ✭✭

I just made level 2 a couple of days ago. I only had 25 points. I currently have 27.

In the mean time, you can post the rest of the url after http://www. and most browsers will understand what to do.

• RobdoggzRobdoggz ✭✭✭

I know, right?! Frustrating as hell.

• KadahKadah ✭✭✭

This. 👆️

Also this is a test to see if I can finally quote.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the quotes have links in them (that are broken)

• I mean I understand them not wanting spam and such, but it's incredibly frustrating trying to post links to videos of bugs, and having to just spell it out. Maybe if you're a level xxx(whatever they deem appropriate) ingress player, your account automatically can do all that stuff? I don't like making "fluff posts" just so I can "level up" and post legit info.

• True that it is necessary to acquire score, but there are people like me who find already solved questions. I read what was previously written and therefore do not create useless spam.

If I need to create a post with a link, I have to ask who already has a score of 2.

I am sorry to be forced to comment for acquiring points.

• It annoys me a little. It is not a social media where more nice and more like photos I have. I agree with useful feedback / spam / abuse but not with the like rating limit.

I can create interesting content with a link even with a rating star, depending on the time you spend.

But if the content is valid I do not see why it is forbidden.

• RobdoggzRobdoggz ✭✭✭

When you consider that these forums are adopted to be replacing G+ for such things, and that often people don't actually have any need to use them otherwise, it's certainly a counter intuitive rule.

As for why, I do believe it's because they don't trust us to be grown ups and be responsible with what we post from outside the forums. I mean, I get it a bit, it potentially cuts down the time they need to put into moderating, but the flip side is that you need to have an Ingress account attached to your email address to sign up, so how much abuse is there really going to be?

• How. How did this decision make it past "smart people" or even user testing. I cannot believe that I can't @ mention someone or quote someone in a reply until I've spammed around a bit looking for likes. Bafflingly stupid idea.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I've noticed that if you even try to reply to a person's post that has the (at) username of the member to alert them also gets detected as a link on these boards as well,so having to write a post and then get it flagged and having to reset the post form without the username in is just as annoying...the 7 days as a member sounds ok from "NianticCasey" or even a few posts to establish yourself on the forum would work eg..7 posts in a one week period like the game badges.

• czerwinski76czerwinski76 ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Thank you for this topic. I don't know where is my forum's rank located in this website but I'm sure I will find a way to upgrade to level 2 quickly.

Edit 1 : Done. I'm 2 stars now ! 😊.

Edit 2 : I can't open a topic 😱.

I can't find my forum's progression level info.

Post edited by czerwinski76 on
  • You become a level 2 on the forum after your account has been active for 24 hours I believe...thats the first hurdle...the next hurdle is finding out how to get all these wonderful forum rank badges.

a lot of it is basically getting involved in the discussions and seeing what others are responding to and adding your thoughts to the thread...they even give you points by the buttons underneath each post...this can be seen on the "view profile" option (see below to access)

if you need any help just tag me or others using the "quote" option above on one of my/our posts or by typing the @ symbol then start to type my/our usernames and it should come up in the tag box and we get an alert in many wonderful ways. (if enabled by the user)

failing that just add a comment to a thread we are all in,It will take a bit of getting used to but you'll get the hang of it.

To access your profile however at the top right of the screen there will be a chess piece in a circle that then pops out a little menu underneath with another chess piece and a bell on the far left...the bell will light up with a number of posts your commenting on or involved in so click this to see them then click the comment you want to see or continue adding to.

if you like a post you want to follow then at the start of the thread look for a empty "star" and tap this and it will go "orange" you will now get updates when there is activity.

I suggest starting with the "release notes" section as all updates and current comments are all up there by the current version thats out or coming out soon.

if you want to create your own post you need to choose an open section for example "general" then inside this section you will see a "new discussion" button then just fill out the forum to create your own post/thread

anything else just yell and someone will find you eventually.