They are trying to cut down edit abuse as noted in the last update to prime

kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Wayfarer (Archive)

As of September 30th edits will be like this:

Level 8:

Reporting invalid portals

sending updated titles/descriptions/pictures

Level 12:

Location edits

The biggest change: you only get a rolling amount 28 location edits per every 13 days.

Currently this only affects prime users but with redacted going away on the 30th everyone will be locked down to 28 locations per 13 days if the agent has reached level 12.

Comments

• seems reasonable for now, lets see how it goes

• That's WAY more edits than I could imagine actually needing.

• Not sure where this information has come from, OP isn't specific..

Does a new image count as an edit?

If you edit the title, description, location and add a better photo - that's 4 edits for a single portal, or is that counted as 1?

If I go to a new area, I will quite often see things that I believe should be edited, especially with many new portals having their location improperly located to generate gyms etc.

28 edits won't last long...

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Its on prime itself and edits for different things count separately

56 title edits per 14 days

56 photo subs per 14 days

28 location edits per 14 days

56 description edits per 14 days

224 invalid reports per 14 days (screenshot says 223 but I used one about an hour before reading this thread)

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Duplicate comment deleted

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree with the level requirements the amount of edits is absurd. The vast majority of players will never use that many.

• I suppose we can can presume some areas around the world have some problems with edits?. I have heard mumblings locally myself (when edits were available from lv1 (no limits?) for years), but since I also do OPR, my experience amounts to about 5% of all reviews. Therefore, I see no reason for these crazy level requirements.

• The main culprit of location edits are Pokemon go players who are trying to move a portal so it turned into a pokestop or gym, hence the level 12 requirements in my opinion.

Now since it requires agent to be of that high level, that means low level agents would need to ask help from level 12+ agents if they want to edit locations, so I can see where the 28 edits/14 days may come in handy. I agree it's a lot, but hey it's not unlimited as it was before in redacted, so relative to redacted it is fewer.

• Thank you for that.. Still no prime update available for me lol

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Im hoping with the level requirements it will require far less approvers to get them through.