relocate portal cos its unsafe to stop in a car

the portal at Deception Bay Swimming Pool (QLD, AUS) was rejected was not given a reason to why can only think it was out of pure lazyness a 1min google map search shows .said portal is the back of the establishment and is at a bus stop on a 2 lane 80km main road . its parking lot is less the 200m and MUCH! safer for players to access via car or foot

Comments

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

https://community.ingress.com/en/categories/location-edits for the right sub-thread for this issue.

As for answering your inquiry, we've had a res agent in my hometown changing a location from the playground to the parking lots just because (I guess) it's closed at night. A bit immoral to me, but meh...as long as it's less than 30m change.

I guess parking lots are allowed to be in OPR now. /s

Maybe if you gave more details on the unsafe issues, NIA might respond in kind next time.

• ComChanseyComChansey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

You cant change where something is unless it's inaccurate or is a sports field with the location somewhere that interferes with operations. Even then, place it in the spectator area. Doesn't matter if it's a shared apartment playground that excludes outsiders, it is where it is and it's a PoI database first, a game feature second.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

The marker (ie portal) should ideally be at the point of entry. But anywhere inside the fenced area or on the pool house would do so long at it is not in the pool itself.

• If you're having trouble getting to it via car, try a truck or helicopter

• I looked into nominating community pools before and everything I could find with old AMAs gone seemed to indicate that they aren't valid candidates.

Beats me as to why, as other community areas qualify, but that is probably why it got rejected.

• Portals should exist where the portal actually is, not where it's convenient for the agent not to actually have to physically go to the portal.

Community swimming pools have been okay where I am, but it the SIGN of the pool, not the pool itself, or it's fencing, or the nice view of the pool from a nearby bus stop. Portals have to be PHYSICAL things located where the physical item is located. It's not a hard concept.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

It already is a portal. Probably grandfathered in from before the clarification on community pools.

Moving the portal to a location where cars could stop was rejected. Not being able to stop a car there is not a valid reason to move it.