Charge button placement

Imho the button to get to the charging interface from a portal key should've stayed on the right (similar to where it was last patch) so that your right thumb rests on the right (since the boost charge button is also on the right). Your left is already busy with the power cube shortcut so getting to the charge button's new placement requires either finger to travel the whole height or the whole width of your screen.

Besides, it's creating UI disparity regarding the placement of the drop and recycle buttons. Drop for keys is on the right while drop for items is on the left. My suggestion is to swap them, maybe?

Comments

• I agree. Swapping the charge and recycle buttons around wasn't really a good UI iteration.

Having a drop/recycle 1 button is great, but keep them on the left and charge on the right please.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian I whole heartedly agree with the OP

Currently every single time, not even kidding, I almost recycle the key I need to recharge.

Please switch the Charge button to the right side, and the, Drop and Recycle buttons should be on the left

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian @RedSoloCup

In fact, I would say this needs an urgent hotfix

• Leave both buttons in the same side of the screen so you just do double tap to fast recharge.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

This is from the portal keys window, which has the recycle button right where the charge-all button is.

Double tapping would cause you to inadvertently recycle the key that you intended to recharge

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I've already posted about this. Swapping the Charge with Recycle was not a cool move. Here's the problem though: by the time the next release rolls round I'll have just about got used to the new layout, and if they switch it back it'll be another jarring experience.

• Same here. Recharging many portals is a nightmare now.

• Same here, recharge on the right, not on the left. And stop touching that once it's fixed... That needs to be done fast. We have a few agents who reported they dropped important gear because of that...

• Good lord, yes. It's not that recharging is hugely better on the left or the right, but it's no better on the left, and you put destructive drop/recycle buttons where recharge was just as people were gaining reflex habits around it? This is gratuitous cheese-movement, and people doing recharge from buses/bikes/passenger seats are going to accidentally lose keys because of it.

Also, think about the eye-tracking here. You choose a key to recharge based on the reso health indicators, which are on the right, aligned with where the portal-view health indicators were. Now the eye needs to track to the left, find the charge indicators and charge button, press that, and then track back to the right to the boost-recharge button (the commonly used one). That part's strictly worse, even if it won't be hard to build muscle memory to correct for it.

Also, feedback was offered earlier that the remote portal view's reso health indicators (right above the recharge button) should be part of a tap target. That should still be done - the recharge button is too small given its position on the screen.