Field Tests: Hexathlon challenges revealed

Comments

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

The submitted playbox in Grammichele is less than 20 portals. Are we limited to that playbox?

• Maybe I'm missing something, but what are the new types of scanner interactions being tested with these challenges? They all seem to be challenges that can be done using existing scanner interactions

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Possibilities:

There will be a new in-game display of the progress with these tasks like with the quests and daily tasks in the other Niantic games.

They might have a new mechanism to measure distance walked.

They might have made changes server-side and want to test those.

• Could you clarify what are the “categories” mentioned in the video.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe new public rankings in the future besides MU.

edited September 2019

There is no mention of categories in the video. Do you mean challenges?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

This is very similar to an Ingress First Saturday, with tracking mods deployed, and media collection.

Other things are set as a minimum to prevent people from Pub-Gressing

• I'd like to see a live ranking scoreboard for each catagory during the event. It would also be awesome if at the conclusion of the event your stats vs others was reported in scanner, and the proper badge is awarded.

• 上位10%に特別なメダルということですけど、これは全世界の参加者の中で上位10%なのか、各開催地ごとに上位10%なんでしょうか

• Does NIA count the Media artifacts that I have collected through exchanges in play time?

edited September 2019

No, why should they?

There will be portals at the event that give special media items. They will be marked with a special decoration. The same mechanism as with the artefacts during the Osiris anomaly series.

So, you will have to look for these special portals and then try to reach and hack them as long as they give artefacts.

• Dear Niantic Team,

could you please clarify the Elite Medal?!

Is it enough to be in the top 10% of ONE category - like glyph points or distance walked?!

Or do we have to be in the top 10% in ALL categories to receive it?!?

I guess, beeing top in just one is enough... But others see that differently 🙄

Please tell once again for the "stupid people" like me😅

(@all native english speakers: what do you think?! )

It's clear that you only need to be among the 10% for one challenge to get elite. But you also must have reached the minimum for all challenges first.

• Also, no informations about the playbox. Will it be published in the next days or is it with First Saturday model (no playbox)?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I would asume anything outside the actual playbox wont count. Just like anomaly...

• @NianticThomas will it be required to use Prime for the duration of the Field Test or will actions performed using Redacted also be counted?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

How fast I can walk and still count for trekker? I'm planning to mix running and biking to garantee being in the top.

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

Will there be highlights to the all playbox portals as how it is done on anomalies?

Will interaction with portals outside the playbox be counted? (It is clear that artifacts will only drop from highlighted portals.)