Field Test Speculation

Does anyone have any idea what the weekends field test will involve? I am looking forward to attending and playing with the wider community but I can't even begin to speculate as to what we are going to do. Anyone care to throw some ideas out?

Comments

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Speculation:

There will be six tasks to do in 90 minutes, for example

• Collect 10 Prime artefacts
    • Walk 3 kilometres
    • Capture 20 portals
    • Hack 20 unique portals
    • Deploy 10 mods
    • Deploy 100 resonators

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a blog post speculating that there will be something like the final episode of Ingress the Animation, in which agents of both factions will be doing actions against dark xm (red) portals. The post speculated that both factions could link to the same portal making linkstars (which the animation called "supernovas").

On the other hand, the brief description says the challenges will be "individual". I'm looking forward to finding out!

• My original theory was that it was a data-collection/curation event with participants tasked with undertaking collection of data in areas of the portal network that are lacking, outdated or disputed - title, description, location, photos...

The recent talk of artefacts makes me think it'll be like the media-collection element in recent anomalies with some kind of animation indicating portal volatility, like the Team Rocket stops in Pokémon GO.

• The event is to test new scanner interactions, which probably means things we haven't seen before. The only thing we have confirmed is the artifact collection game, and that's a system that we know already works. We won't have a clue what's going to happen until the event goes live in the APAC region on Saturday.

• Sure I know that but I do love a little blind speculation, and having not been to an event like this before I really don't know what to expect. So am both excited and confused. I am surprised there has been no further communications from NIA since the announcement.

• The video was the expectation, the reality was standing around looking at a blank screen while waiting to connect to the server for 45 mins.

Rage test is a better name for this event...