State of art - report of banned accounts

BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Hello, this post is to know if any spoof account has been banned recently.

Several reports has been sent about accounts playing inside closed areas (graveyards, parks). Also about accounts (RES & ENL) destroying BAF (big area fields).

The accounts are not banned. We only sent a report because mass reporting is useless according to Niantic.

Are you in the same situation?

I don't want to play Shard game (xf or FvsF) without a right system to ban malicious accounts and reinstate hard anchor portals.

Comments

• Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Now one single account of spoofers have 3 lifes almost like a cat, two chances to cheating.

Three-Strike Discipline Policy.

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/2618/upcoming-changes-to-policy-enforcement#latest

• XQlusioNXQlusioN ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I think spoofing is still an instant ban. At least, it should be

• It seems to be instant for egregious instances, like BAFs and satellite phone portals. But for anything lesser I have no idea.. multiaccounting and spoofing are almost entirely what cheating consists of. Only other things I can think of is item selling, OPR manipulation, and xfac collusion. So unless it's only a policy for less than 5% of offenses.. gah that's annoying

• They needed or need the 3 strike policy for false positives and/or change the mindset of the player by giving them another chance to change their behavior if guilty in reality, game creators like people playing their games in the end

However i would supose niantic has their own internal policy regarding if the 3 strike would apply or not, but they only know when to apply the heavy hammer, but i would supose item selling is one of them

• I reported a spoofer of one of the most strategic portals in my country, got the confirmation from support that they had taken action (eventually) and yet the spoofer kept spoofing and levelled up even after this. 😒

Clearly instaban is not happening.

• In a recent MD in our city we got an spoofer doing the missions, after asking him to checkout for verification he openly admitted in COMM he was not in the city, just flying around, reported with evidence, not banned, now he has missions in other countries and a low trekker but who cares? 🤯