Avenir Shard Event

Comments

• NgernNgern ✭✭✭

Now this is an interesting shards game.

• enlightened: cool, an xfac event.

res: this is stoopid. No, never, how dare you!!

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Old news. We have a new enemy. Luke... errr... Nemesis.

• It's very interesting how Avenir can destroy the spirit of many competitive minded people by giving a xfaction shard event.

This is like a whole new 4d strategy of destroying the portal network.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not the first X-Fac event there's ever been - there have been some (unofficial) X-Fac projects in the past. For example, last Remembrance day we made a memorial field-art across most of the UK. I'm sure you'd have enjoyed taking part.

• I'll say this much ... XFAC shards takes #Calvinball where it's never been before.

I'm not happy with the rules, but this is what we've got. So let's work it out. For those who are not enthusiastic, think about this: the reward/penalty phase bumps right up against the start of the Umbra anomaly.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

I agree - let's _work it out_ by doing something entirely unrelated to the they.

Build a farm. Do some local fielding with the team. Take a small road trip and microfield another town.

Explore.

Compete.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Careful, I heard that Wing-Dings heard about Helvetica getting her shot, and now it wants it's shot. That and I've heard that Wings-Dings is batsh*t crazy. I mean just look at it!

• But they'll still be saddled with what is sure to be another ugly new medal.

• Hacer un evento Shard Crossfaction como que muy fácil y sin sentido. Yo quería batallar, estrategia para sacarlo, mas emoción como fue la anterior vez.

CAMBIEN LAS REGLAS. Hagan mas eventos, Gracias.

• DJPatesDJPates ✭✭
    edited September 2019

I actually have to agree on that. That's a whole paradigm shift on this idea. I like the possibility of an xfac event on this scale but it would mean that everyone has to sacrifice something to play on if they intend to carry on as events and gameplay morphs into the vision John Hanke had for AR games.

The old dons are old. The old ways are probably done. Opposing factions have been seen opposing each other in real life and that shouldn't be the way to play a game. If anything, it would seem like we're all in need of psychiatric evaluation for the purpose of social cohesion. I think that's the real purpose of this event and such like.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

lol and someone will throw a yolo and block your path.. fun... this will just be a nighjtmare for those involved..

• Already discussions being had how to enforce players co operation in this event. I hope threats and violence are not a side product of this event. Tempers can spill over sometimes, and this is a huge thing for some people. Albeit this is only a game , some don't see it that way. Not feeling the love for this at all from a lot of places, this forum for one :(

• Several players today were discussing the viability of the game. Would an eco system shift to the PoGo game mech possibly bring in more funds. If the main events were xfact in future, would crackers and kit purchases increase, to ensure goals are met to ensure the rewards/badges?

Could this be a roll of the dice to see what happens and where the game evolves to next ?

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

No across the board.

Destroying the game would no yield an increase in store purchases.

Having appealing items in the store for reasonable prices would yield an increase in purchases.

Consider the money players are already willing to spend on travel, lodging, and player made swag for anomalies.

All Niantic needs is to have something players actually want.

• I think this is a kind of purgue, for niantic is an experiment, how many agents will prevail and stay playing, or how many will cheat or leave...

• Then I will just take it down, even if it is my own faction. The xfac players in my local community are pretty cool though, and so far all appear either supportive or simply just uninterested in this event, no one appears to have any malicious... intent... against this event where I live currently, though we shall see. I am a resourceful agent though.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't expect any of those shards to come close to West Virginia. But you never know. It would be funny if one of those shared did appear in someplace like Welch. Or better yet, Coalwood, home of the "Rocket Boys" featured in the film October Sky. Do we have any portals there? I may have to poke Weavile on that.

• Cooperation should never be enforced in an ideal situation but in this game, it's inevitable because of the nature of the game partly and current affairs.

• Wish we could op-out of those events.

• nice :)