Just For Fun: If you were a nemesis villain, what would your name and challenge be?

I'll start it off.

Villain Name: Eridani

Challenge: Distance walked challenge:

personal badge stats

bronze: 15km

Silver: 50km

Gold: 150km

Global goal: agents must achieve 500,000 kilometers walked. (would love to see discussion on whether this number is too high or low)

Cheers agents!

Ved

Comments

• Name: Cerber

Challenge; Utilize as many keys as possible. (IE linking portals to each other, linking all portals to one portal, making fields)

Personal Badge Stats:

• Bronze: 200
    • Silver: 500
    • Gold; 1250

Global Goal: 25,000,000

Effect:

• Success: Double points to Connector Badge for the amount of links created during event. "More Keys" quick hack and glyph hack gives keys more frequently for that month.
    • Failure: Half AP in linking. Keys are harder to come by even when requesting keys.

The different strategies I see with this is someone could burn out a portal requesting as many keys as possible and then linking everything to this portal. I also see people just fully deploying every portal they come across and just linking back to the last portal. Also, micro-fielding would be another strategy I'd see happening.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Villain: Damocles

Your (everyone) faction color has swapped. Destroy 50-200-500 of your previous faction color portal to earn the badge before you are swapped back.

• Villain: Papyrus

After the Year 5 key locker glitch, Ingress agents were permanently divided into two factions: those with 6 key lockers, and those with 5. Nemesis will eat one key locker at random from every Ingress account unless there are globally 10,000 standing Level 8 Portals owned by __ADA__ or __JARVIS__ on Sept 30, 1700 UTC.

Individual badges for viruses used during event:

Bronze: 10

Silver: 25

Gold: 100

• (btw, fun topic OP! Goes to show how neat this story arc is.)

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Name: MegaMind

Stats: Mu Captured

Objective: capture Mu using smallish fields. Anything over 1k doesn't count

• Bronze: 25,000
    • Silver: 150,000
    • Gold: 500,000

Global Challenge 1,000,000,000

• Villain: Apollo

Challenge: Hack unique portal in hiking trail or in the wild (maybe get this data from OSM?)

Personal Badge:

Bronze: 10

Silver: 50

Gold: 200

• Villain Name: Phlegmatic

Challenge: Deploy a resonator in the last slot of a portal

Bronze: 100

Silver: 250

Gold: 625

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys, you are doing this wrong. Your villain names must be names of fonts! ;)

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Villain Name: Garamond

Challenge: Create unique links.

Personal badge tiers: Bronze: 100 / Silver: 250 / Gold: 750

Global goal: agents must create a total of 13.311.331 unique links. Bonus: +25% drop rate on keys (including quantum locked keys). Malus: -25% drop rate on keys + 2% chances for every key in your inventory to turn into XM each day. Both timelapses would be 10 days.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The nemesis aren't villains!

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why do they wear masks and write messages containing threats?

• JiefSourdJiefSourd ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Villain name : Chicago

Challenge : Recon

Personal badge tiers : Bronze : 75 / Silver: 200 / Gold : 500

Global goal : Agents must validate of total 9 526 434 portal in this period. Bonus : Portal slot is 30 and not limited time. Malus : Opr are closed in this period.

• Villain name : Comicsans

Challenge : Report invalid portals too close to K-12s.

Personal badge tiers : Bronze : 2 / Silver: 6 / Gold : 10

Global goal : Agents must report a total of 50 000 portals this period. Bonus : Agents get to submit 30 portals in the next two weeks . Malus : You have to watch your sister's kids for a week.

• Villain Name: Nomu

Challenge: With every 10th portal hack, required to answer a short mathematical quiz.

Backstory: Nomu saw that Nemesis did not attain their initial conquest of the known world with sufficient impact and needed to see how far the sensitives would go to save their world by wracking their brains with numerology.

Personal Badge Tiers: White & Gray 100 / Gray & Black 500 / Black & Blue 1000

Global goal: Report a total of 28 million successfully answered quizzes.

Goal Bonus: Agents will get a 6-piece Mission Art with Nomu on their banner.

Malus: Next Mission Art will fail by 6 pieces and agents wanting to do them will have to repeat the process again to cancel the effects (minimum distance of effect is 2 km)

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, that's 10K hacks for that top tier!

I repost mine to add up Backstory 😄

Villain Name: Garamond

Challenge: Create unique links.

Backstory: After Nemesis unsuccessful attemp to overpower humankind, Garamond became restless as Helvetika, who happened to be a relative, lost theirselves into the XM Void. Seeking vengeance, Garamond paid close attention to how Aurora brought Earthlings to their knees, and understood that using the Portal Network was the key to achieve victory, so they went on with a lesser but more destructive challenge with the sole prupose of humans to sumbit to their web of strings...

Personal badge tiers: Bronze: 100 / Silver: 250 / Gold: 750

Global goal: agents must create a total of 13.311.331 unique links. Bonus: +25% drop rate on keys (including quantum locked keys). Malus: -25% drop rate on keys + 2% chances for every key in your inventory to turn into XM each day. Both timelapses would be 10 days.

• LiadinLiadin ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Villain Name: Pandora

Challenge: Unique Capsule Drops. Agents must drop capsules containing gear. (I could be wrong, but it seems to me that each capsule has a unique number assigned to it that would prevent an agent from picking up and dropping the same capsule multiple times.)

Personal Badge Goals:

Bronze:  5 capsules

Silver:  15 capsules

Gold:  25 capsules

Global Goal:  500,000 capsules dropped worldwide.  (I’m not really sure what would be a fair number.)

If agents succeed, quantum capsules multiply items faster for a short period of time. If agents fail to meet the goal, quantum capsules lose items for a period of time.

• DJPatesDJPates ✭✭
    edited September 2019

hahaha yes. it's kinda like playing a round of CAPTCHA to verify that a human is playing the game.

by the time agents have completed 1000 quizzes, that would have gotten them black & blue.

• Name: Prime

Challenge; Keep Playing.

Personal Badge Stats:

Come October 1st opening the Prime client will penalize the player by awarding the badge. Cessation of play for 7 contiguous days removes the badge.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Name: Z̷͙͚̖̲̼͎͓͔͍̟͈͐̏ͨ̇ͬ̉͗͋ͫ̑̈͐͑ͤ̕͜e̢̫̘̹͈͈̦̟͙̮͎͔͔͇͈͗̇͛̿̓̂̈́̔ͣ͋̿ͩͨ͂̄͞ͅd̛ͥ̐̋̀ͥ̍̓ͬ̓ͦ̈̄ͦͥͦ̔̒͢͏̼͚̟̻̝̺̭̖͉̘̞̬̻̦

Cͅhallenge: Deploy resos and mods to unique slots while portal actively under attack

1 bronze badge, for 1 billion resos and mods deployed to portals that have been attacked within the last 30 seconds. No other tiers.

• Villain Name: Palatino

Challenge: Capture isolated, distant portals

(When a portal is captured, the distance to the next closest portal is calculated. The badge stats are the sum of these distances for all of the portals captured by the agent during the event.)

bronze: 5km

Silver: 50km

Gold: 100km

• P2063P2063 ✭✭✭

Takes a look at random Font names...

Makes shards xf

Sets badge requirement to just one hack

Sorry, what Niantic did cannot be topped

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Helvetica means Swiss in Latin. Switzerland is a fitting neutral symbol when it comes to our faction war. Avenir means "future" and I think it has something to say about the future of the game as we are putting redacted away and changing up the status quo.

Of course the more tepid among us can sit here and talk about condoms and fonts... But the investigators know that everything is a symbol or a cypher, often shrowded in an obvious farce.

I appreciate the badge requirement because there is no way to get everyone in on the shard game.

• P2063P2063 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

the investigation is greatly overrated. i once fell to the belief that everything would have a meaning myself, but came to the conclusion that it's just random madeup stuff to keep us busy and our eyes away from reality. face it, somebody just took a list of font names to create the current story arch. it's pointless and i can almost guarantee you the next things that will happen are named after Verdana, Calibri, Lucida, Niagara, Tahoma or Wingdings.

so, you mention avenir means future. But one of the meanings of Nemesis is righteous wrath. So righteous wrath will be our future, if that's what Niantic wants they can have it ;)

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Yes... I do think nemesis is operating with what they believe is righteous wrath. Fits with their motives pretty cleanly