Ingress Prime 2.31.2 Release Notes

Comments

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Agents can paste the copied data into a chat, and then you can paste it into a spreadsheet and pull the relevant stats out. If you're trusting, you could give them an edit link to a Google sheet, but that's a hard trust issue

• In this release, they finally made it possible to interact with the scanner after the portal was hacked, without the need to close the table with the hacking results with a special tap. And it is very cool!

But for some reason, only for the table with the main drop. The additional drop table, as before, has to be closed with a separate tap.

• Love this update so far, thanks.

Ill take it for a spin to see.

Love that new scanner smell !

• NaNDuzIRaNaNDuzIRa ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Copy agent stats to clipboard as tab-separated values.

I think it can become a Copy to clipboard and Share instantly to any other Apps in your device. That way Agent-Stats can accept Text also just like Images(current) and use it has input value.

• Wanted to take a moment to say Thank You! This update contains a lot of amazing quality of life improvements and hits a lot of checks on the parity list. Largest issues so far from initial testing.. Large fields seems to flicker on/off at random while moving under them.

Absolutely love the changes to UX and item colors! The additional contrast is amazing! Now if we could have some faction color added back to the player avatar arrows it would feel like home again. 😎

edited September 2019

That'd be nice, but I've already made a shortcut to agent-stats.com/import.php next to the Prime launcher.

• This is a fantastic update, the one I have been looking for!

Is there a way we can rename the "manage" button to something else? Manage is used in two contexts and it is confusing.

Manage for multi-selection

Manage for capsule loading/unloading

One of these manage buttons should be changed if possible to avoid confusion. I know several people who have accidentally deleted all of their capsules because they thought they were going to load them up, but were on the mass delete screen.

• @NianticBrian Are you still working on the stuck on "Command Channel Open" glyphing bug? I mostly glyph hack and get this a lot, even in major metropolitan areas with full signal. Many others have reported the same thing. I will have to significantly curtail my playing if this bug doesn't get fixed both because of the extreme frustration factor and because my play style depends on getting many keys from many portals in as short a period of time as possible.

• Looking forward to sharing TSVs on social media to show off my #ingress achievements and navigating to within 40m portals using residential addresses! 📚📃📋🤓 #Unity #systemCopyBuffer #DayZero #CRE

• TSV is a data format, not a layout format. It is intended to make it easy to import the stats into other software (such as a spreadsheet) not to make it pretty to look at.

• That could be useful for IFS and other stats recording events.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

IFS would be better if Niantic could just use an API to pull the stats from agent's profile at the start time based if they had checked in or not for each location, then again at the end time, which would make for less time spent by all agents trying to make sure stats were recorded. Should be easy enough for them to pull the specific stats required, and could even make an option for an extra stat to be pulled for local competition.

• This is how they did the last anomaly on the ground, so it should be quite possible for them. Even better, set up the event from within the scanner for sign-up,

• Great news! I like this release and new features, in particular edit and photo submission.

Good work!

• Bug visual, además el Notch tapa el nombre de los Portales etc...

• This is a good point, although I'm not sure what they'd change it to?

• this update is making the app look slightly more like redacted

• neonninjaneonninja ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Submitting the TSV to agent stats seems to miss the recruiter stat

• thanks for the update, now we just need the ability to deploy and link in the game and we're set

• aka1138aka1138 ✭✭
    edited September 2019
  • I have been a lover and hard defendant of Prime since its release but that's the worst update I have seen from an on-the-field gameplay experience. Nearby portal location is completely useless and takes way too much room on the screen. It hides streets and pathways that we need to see. If you put your finger on one of the box while trying to rotate, there goes your rotation. 98%-99% of the time, we play in an area we know. We don't need something distracting like that to show us a direction which is not even given a good clue of where it is...That was one great improvement of Prime is to not have that.

The hack output box at the top... Why? It was always at the bottom, earlier Prime versions and Redacted... If you bike or run, it blocks the view if you need to take a quick look at the map. And why that big? It used to be the perfect size...

I have to test it a bit more but the complex glyph sequence seems to be slowed down to get closer to the timing of Redacted in between glyphs. That's valuable time which is lost when you always glyph hack when you play. Can we get the faster timing back?

Please Please! Put the Charge button to the right again... And stop messing with that...

I know the portal edits is a big improvement but I wish I could go back to 2.30. The gameplay experience makes the game seriously less enjoyable...

The count down timer before the glyphs is gone, that makes up for slightly slower glyphs.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Interesting that there are now limits on the number of portal edits you can make AND you can only submit edits for portals visible on the screen. No remote location edits. Not even voting on photos. That will throw a spanner in the gymworks! 🤣

OverallI like the changes, EXCEPT the change to the location of the charge button.

The only thing I can't do remotely from a key is a location edit. Everything else is still possible, even voting on pictures

• DJPatesDJPates ✭✭
    edited September 2019

On the contrary, without navigation or nearby portals, most players who rely on it cannot use it to navigate their way around. Think of newer players, those who use distance to portal as part of strategic planning for field ops, and those who just don't have good direction sense apart from using the app.

Maybe these add-ons should be toggled so user can determine which features to include in the individual's experience?

• Export of stats is bad. Suggest to use a proper separation character (e.g. pipe or semicolon). at least google sheets (that's your parent company, remember?) can't format them properly. when pasted in

• They haven’t been a part of Google for quite a number of years now.