Avenir Shard Event
The battle against Nemesis continues. Your actions resulted in a victory against Myriad. However, you were not as successful in preventing Aurora. This third battle will be pivotal in either giving humanity the upper hand or empowering Nemesis -- more than they already are.
Avenir has the power to transform into Shards and intends to exploit this ability in order to alter humanity irreparably. Thirteen Avenir Shards will appear in the Portal Network between September 17th and September 30th. Avenir’s goal is to travel from Portal to Portal harvesting data from non-Sensitives. Nemesis will use the data collected by Avenir to rewire the minds of every human being on the planet and to cut us off from all XM influence permanently. Despite having differing philosophies on why, when, and how humanity should embrace XM, the commonality between the Enlightened and Resistance is each recognizes XMs historical influence and potential. Factions must work together to stop Avenir or any progress towards understanding XM and its potential will be lost forever.
“The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” - 4th century B.C. Sanskrit.
To thwart their scheme and prove that humanity’s mind is powerful, strategic, and intelligent, we need you to contain the Shards of Avenir into four specially designated NIA capture Target Portals by the final Shard jump on September 30th.
Where the Shards and Target Portals will appear is not known and not likely to be known in advance. What we do know is the following:
- SEP 17: 9pm UTC three Shards will appear. At this time, we will activate the four global NIA Target Portals.
- SEP 20: Four additional shards will appear (time unknown).
- SEP 24: Three more Shards will appear (time unknown).
- SEP 27: The final three shards will appear (time unknown).
- SEP 30: 7pm UTC will be the final shard jump
Additional Information we have been able to obtain:
- This will need to be a cooperative effort to clear Link lanes, share keys, and ensure success. Target Portals are not connected to specific Factions.
- Any Shard can be captured at any Target Portal by any Faction.
- Shards will jump every 5 hours.
- Shards will remain locked to a Target Portal once captured.
- Shards will require a link to move. Links can only be made between two Portals owned by the same Faction.
- Shards will require level 4 or higher Portals at each end of a link in order to travel on it.
- Shards can backtrack if a link exists to a Portal they were previously on.
- Shards will select a random valid link to travel if multiple valid links are available.
At least seven Shards will need to be captured to successfully thwart Avenir. The following outcomes will occur based on the number of Shards captured:
If at least seven and no more than nine Shards are captured:
- All Agents who were active during the 14 days will receive the Avenir medal. An active Agent is defined as someone who hacks any Portal in the global Portal Network at least once during the event window.
If at least ten Shards and no more than 12 are captured:
- All active Agents will receive the Avenir medal.
- The ADA Refactor/Jarvis Virus hack rate will be increased 1.5x.
- The Portal decay rate will decrease by 50%.
If all Shards are captured:
- All active Agents will receive the Avenir medal.
- The ADA Refactor/Jarvis Virus and Aegis Shield hack rate will be increased 1.5x.
- The Portal decay rate will decrease by 75%.
Agents will not be successful if six or fewer Shards are captured. The following outcomes will occur based on the number of Shards captured:
If between one and six Shards are captured:
- The Portal decay rate will increase by 50%.
If no Shards are captured:
- The Portal decay rate will increase by75%.
Success or failure outcomes will be in effect for one week, 5PM UTC Thursday October 3rd - 5PM UTC Thursday October 10th.
Fighting for libNemesis! 📱🤖
Meh. Hope I can get some time in to help.
I understand that we need challenges but Ingress is still a competitive game. Not work everything work together.
XF is for noobs
Cooperation between factions, tricky.
Time to pack some extra clothing and hit the ground running. This is going to be a good one.
So, I'm completely lost, will just play as normal.
What? Everybody who hacks a portal gets the badge? Are you kidding us? Is the idea to make it ever harder to avoid your badge designs? Please think of players who don't want to obtain certain badges. So far it was possible to a certain extent by not reaching a certain tier. Please make this is a little more "opt-in"-style.
Salt isn't a meal by itself but you can still sprinkle some on your food.
Shardnagains once again.
Great whoooo shards
Xfaction shards and badge for all ?! Where is Ingress ?
Don't mind me, just collecting some of the salt that is already overflowing.
Basta con hacer 1 hack y obtendré la medalla?
factions have shifted, from enl and res to pro-XF and anti-XF
Sorry NIA, but XF shards are just a NO-GO. The game is about a "battle" between 2 factions. shards are way more fun if its a "cat & mouse" game between factions. please reconsider your rules.
What? Xfa in AF-SIERRA-10 ?
I'm loving the co-operative focus lately. I know some agents like the "war" between factions, but that's not for me. I don't necessarily want full PVE, but occasional challenges like this are good.
DON'T MESS WITH PORTAL DECAY!
this story gets more and more absurd
I'm afraid there will be some trick. This sounds too easy.
XF Shards? Really? 🙄
I thought we had factions for a reason.
You're really pushing to ruin any competitive gameplay. Why don't you just tell people who want pure PvE to play PoGo or WU instead?
Will it be a difference of what scanner has been used to hack? (Redacted or Prime).
There is plenty of time for FvF, nothing wrong with a little cooperation every so often. They have to change things up occasionally.