I'm _this_ close to terminate my ingress account

It has been around two months now. Still nothing...

We were a family playing ingress. Much playing in the beginning, not so much lately and for about two month ago, not at all.

I was the one playing the most. Yes, capsules went back and forth. Of course they did. We shared, like a family should..

Yes, it had all the telltales for three backpacking accounts and one active account. But they were not! Maybe the other faction reported me. Who knows......

We have sent ban appeals with no answer. I do not know who is Vanguard in this area but I think that someone contacted this person. Still nothing....

I was told to send pictures of my family with their cell-phones and with the scanner open. Done, with no reply....

They have sent more appeals. Nothing...

This is getting ridiculous!

I have almost stopped playing. The only playing I do is on the top of mountains.

I do not expect that what I wrote will help me getting my family back into the game. I just had to get this of my chest.

Soon signing of for good

HyacinthoCaelum - Husband to Solsikke, father of Lillesol and Kornettvebi

Comments

• Yes, they play. Way less than me. They get gear from me, but i get more gear from them.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I think agents dont like it. But Niantic say it is ok and follow the rules and TOS.

• ComChanseyComChansey ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Should be fine if you're not fibbing at all. Niantic should reverse it if you've never shared devices. If you have, that's very suspect and I could see why a report would lead to the bans.

All you really are saying to us is what someone who does backpack would say in the face of bans, so it's tough to get fully behind you.

The game's pretty fun solo, I have fun with it having nobody near me to coordinate with.

• So long as what you are saying is true, I hope this issue will be resolved for you soon. Give it some time.

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

Sharing devices should be fine - provided that it really is a different person using the device when you switch users. Niantic have said from the start that this is completely acceptable. I think this is one of the reasons why multi-accounting has always been difficult to prove.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose that Niantic has specific clues before they terminate accounts like login into the same account from two different places.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Experience says: if the game is not bringing you joy, quit it.

This is what your locals want? Ok, good for them, but I don't see why should you lose your time on your locals.

You have better things in your lifeto waste your time in. They don't.

Who is getting the money at the end of the day? Who should be worrying about this?

• If a partner/family plays only very casually, they might grow more things in their Quantum Capsules than they typically use

They might have (as many active players do) a lot of their main inventory stored in QC by default. Imagine the productivity of 10 well stocked QC