Item icons still indistinguishable

I have been trying to use prime every once in a while to get used to how it looks like but I'm still having trouble with the item icons. They're generally too transparent to see the color difference.

Examples:

• Resonator/burster/ultra strike levels - I don't see the difference between the different levels when I see the hacked items popping up.
  • Softbank Ultra Link - I don't see the distinction between this and the regular link amp. I accidentally used one when I meant to use a link amp because they look so alike.
  • Shield colors during pop-up
  • ADA and Jarvis colors are not as distinct as before with redacted

I suggest to either have the colors popup more or make them less transparent.

Comments

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant to use a link amp

Sorry what? I don't understand.

• I believe that a SoftBank ultra was used instead of an ordinary link amp because the damn things look identical.

As does everything else.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

No one means to use a link amp*. It's just not possible. :-P

* Oh OK then, except when campfiring a portal. But SBUL just makes a posh campfire.

• It was a throw away mod at a throw away portal so I just deployed it for the engineer badge.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

That's the most bad thing in Prime,it's not only ugly slow and buggy(oh,and soundless alerts without nick of attacker),- it is not informative,absolutely.If you hack you can't see what have you obtained before popup window shows.Glass-looking items are visually cool but i'd prefer old scanner style.I can see if i got some L8 or L1 stuff by color:)

upd: i'd like that design-genius to take some low-cost phone with ips screen and take a walk with Prime on sunny day,and try to glyph-hack few portals,and then feel how is usability)))

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Not a "throw-away" mod,very useful mod for some opponent's couch-portals,especially when U have a lots of ADA if U're enl OR too much Jarvis if U're res.

• Aside from looking like glass, resonators and ultra strikes look so much alike.

• The transparency of everything on the playing field and in my inventory makes discerning objects so difficult. The functionality and features don't bother me, there are some improvements over redacted, but not knowing your under a field, or being able to tell what the resonators are because they all look red, or finding portals anywhere is a problem. I just want to see what I'm dealing with, not guess.

• Solid colour for items would really help. I appreciate it's supposed to be alien technology, but most of us have only pathetic human eyes.