useing google fit

I wish ingress prime could use google fit like pokemon go...

Comments

• caytcayt ✭✭✭

I would love adventure synch in Ingress. When it works, it works really well.

• LemoMcLemonFaceLemoMcLemonFace ✭✭✭✭

What benefit would it have in ingress?

There is a single badge linked to walking, which many people have gained their stats by playing the game over 7 years, their stats can't be backdated, so it's hardly fair to change the metrics now.

• Yes but anyway a badge is a badge and you need them to level up :)

• And with google fit the walking distance is more accurate, so the finally should give more accurate walked km/miles

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

@LemoMcLemonFace I agree that if the only benefit to walking in Ingress is the trekker stat/badge, AdventureSync wouldn't be particularly interesting. But one could imagine gameplay enhancements that could go hand-in-hand with this. Some have suggested having capsules multiply items based on distance walked. Or if they do a new mini-challenge based on walking, that could be nice to couple with AdventureSync. Or perhaps if they add something akin to the field research in PoGo, they could add a walking quest. The possibilities are many once we get entirely onto the new servers/framework.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

You're not playing Ingress if you're not actually playing Ingress. You're not hacking, destroying, picking up XM, It would be silly to add adventure sync just to it could count towards a badge that you should only get while playing Ingress. With PokeGo it has the feature that you walk your "buddy" like a dog. There's nothing to walk in Ingress.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Your feet.

Also, I guess intel or OPR wouldn't be Ingress playing?

• Venturing of the beaten path and exploring your surroundings doesnt count towards Trekker 😅