What Do You Want To See In Prime Next That Is Currently In REDACTED?

Comments

• A lot of good points where made here, my priorities would be a high contrast mode (meaning Redacted level here, nothing less than that) esp. regarding blank portals and XM dust, Redacted-style one-click menus and shortcuts in order to still be able to play with Prime while on the move (bike, car etc), massive battery efficiency improvements (i.e. sacrificing everything fancy if so desired through preferences), significant launch speedup, serious stability overhaul and exhaustive network usage diagnostic (esp. submitting a portal). I also think enabling the player to select the language in-game is a must because some translations are known to be incomplete, inacurate, weird, inconsistent or otherwise misleading.

One area you could greatly improve Prime and go far beyond Redacted is the attention paid to error messages. Don't just copy the Redacted errors which were sometimes highly misleading (i.e. when recharging a portal won't work for any reason other than not enough XM to comply, when a hack can't be done for network reasons...), give us actually useful error messages and maybe embed some simple numeric error codes in them for us to better understand what's going on and communicate between us and with support if necesary. Think of the Prime client as a tool, we've known and loved Redacted for years so don't try to make it slick, just make it efficient and reliable for us to just PLAY through it. That's basically all we ask.

I also come to miss the swipe-left waypoint feature (doesn't necesarily have to come back as it were on redacted but I used it a lot : when I visit some unknown area with intent to play Ingress and explore the surroundings, I can find my way back to it easily when I'm done if I setup a homing waypoint before playing.

• pitareiopitareio ✭✭✭

Minor, but still would be nice to have : weapon range doesn't appear in Prime.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Portal edits, then I will happily ditch Redacted.

• Portal Edit/Report/Add Pic, Navigate to portal, Portal slot north marker, And more power-efficient clients.

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Please, please, can we have the summary portal attack notifications back? It helps nothing having the notifications spammed for each attacked portal separately.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Stat sharing
    • Septicycle widget
    • Portal Edits

Don't use anymore, redundant with using GMAPs to navigate to portals

• Navigate to
  • Daily casual play in Prime is much, much better - thank you for continuing to develop and improve the app. These days, I almost never open Redacted. The exceptions are:

• Persistent/unjustified speedlock, or some other bug that keeps actions from being taken on portals after driving even a short distance, even without portal actions (only viewing the scanner) at the prior location, and even after multiple restarts (that take too long in Prime). "Scanner Communication Error" or blank bracket toast notifications and failed hacks/deploys are triggered very easily and take far too long to correct. Redacted starts right up (quickly) and actions can be taken immediately.
    • Poor performance in low signal areas. Prime works very slowly, if it loads at all, even with one very steady bar of signal strength.
    • Mentioned in the last bullet, but worth mentioning again - Prime startup takes way too long: 90 seconds or more.

Those three issues mean that, if I need to do something fast (like virus and link in quick succession immediately when prompted, as is common in large fielding ops), and without risking the action failing due to "speed lock" or low signal performance issues as described above, I do it in Redacted.

• Portal edits and additional picture submissions ofc.

I'm chewing my nails hoping these issues are resolved before we lose our backup....

• Daily casual play in Prime is much, much better - thank you for continuing to develop and improve the app. These days, I almost never open Redacted. The exceptions are:

• Persistent/unjustified speedlock, or some other bug that keeps actions from being taken on portals after driving even a short distance, even without portal actions (only viewing the scanner) at the prior location, and even after multiple restarts (that take too long in Prime). "Scanner Communication Error" or blank bracket toast notifications and failed hacks/deploys are triggered very easily and take far too long to correct. Redacted starts right up (quickly) and actions can be taken immediately.
    • Poor performance in low signal areas. Prime works very slowly, if it loads at all, even with one very steady bar of signal strength.
    • Mentioned in the last bullet, but worth mentioning again - Prime startup takes way too long: 90 seconds or more.

Those three issueIf I need to do something fast (like virus and link in quick succession on command, as is common in large fielding ops), and without risking the action failing due to "speed lock" or low signal performance issues as described above, I do it in Redacted.

• Portal edits and additional picture submissions ofc.

I'm chewing my nails hoping these issues are resolved before we lose our backup....

• I don't understand why in the COMM, if a field is made, no MU's is displayed in the message (you can only read in the quick COOM on top, but if other actions are made you will lost it, so if you open the full view of COOM, you can't see the value of MU of a field)

• There are two main things that are needed in prime from redacted, Portal Editing is one of the only reasons I was opening redacted and also been able to share my profile as a screenshot. Those are two major factors for a LOT of players.

• Wilde76AWilde76A ✭✭✭

I'd like to have more action lag, app restarts, and poorer visibility into what's going on around me, really double down on all this s*** let's see how bad it can be. Also please have more pop ups that block clicking, those are great. Maybe one for each hacked item instead of just two extra clicks for every hack.

• Why can't you make a redacted skin inside prime? Then you can hold on to the orginal game inside prime? The game is not the same fealing if u play redacted vs Prime . The gameplay and vizual is not the same on Prime vs redacted .

• Wilde76AWilde76A ✭✭✭

I'd like to see reso deployment added to Prime

• MaliciousWolfMaliciousWolf ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Only time I ever run into this issue is because I am speed locked having accidentally left Ingress running in the background as I am driving in excess of aproximately 37mph. Takes a few minutes for actions to unlock again once you have dropped below the speed threshold.

• Wilde76AWilde76A ✭✭✭

Yeah that's a problem then, 3x restarts was persistent

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

If this is happening you need to report it to the feedback forum with which version you are using and what device you are on. A screenshot would be handy too. I've never seen this bug.

• Yeah restarting will not reset a speed lock, it is server side. You have to wait a few minutes real time in order for your actions to be unlocked again.

• Wilde76AWilde76A ✭✭✭

Then fix the message. However, redacted responded fine. This is a parity issue.

• MaliciousWolfMaliciousWolf ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Actually upon reading another discussion, it seems in addition to a server side speedlock, Prime actually has its own client side speed lock that Redacted does not have. If you do not fully exit the Prime app before traveling a long distance, and instead but it in background mode/sleep mode, upon reactivating the app at your destination portal Prime will think you just teleported and speed lock you for an even longer extended period of time. This is why you can interact with the portal immediately using Redacted while being forced to wait when using Prime.

I agree that having a proper notifcation regarding being speed locked would be helpful, and maybe a timer as well.

• Marking a portal (or a spot in the map) for navigation (this happens on the anime but not in the actual game, lol)
    • Better indication on resonators orientation (that red dot pointing north on deploy screen)
    • BETTER GLYPH INTERFACE. Redacted is so much easier to draw and read the patterns... Also it needs better vibration response when drawing.
    • Quick activation after locking screen.
    • Visual indications of weak portals (portal, links and fields colors darkening and fading when it's weak)
    • Loot screen (after hacking) not interfering with portal interactions.
    • Faction-exclusive information on new players first capturing portals and making their first links and fields, so we keep track on recruits.

• Wilde76AWilde76A ✭✭✭

I mean you just typed that in an AR game, before traveling its incumbent on the user to close the app, and that doesn't strike u as insane? That's a fundamental problem for an ARG the app and not its user. Need to change the tagline from "it's time to move" to "it's time to force stop" ? What if I want to view activity while moving (as a passenger *wink wink)? Well too bad cause if we are moving between points you are necessarily blind???

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

The Prime Annoying Speedlock issue happens when Ingress is in the, it doesn't happen when you keep Ingress running in the foreground. So, a person reading the activity log in Ingress while sitting in a car that is moving, wouldn't be affected.

• Wilde76AWilde76A ✭✭✭

So say I want to pull up Intel, a new prime feature so to speak, would be buy another device for that, cause the idle code is broke. My local community feedback on this issue is all over the place, and not nearly as clear cut as you guys are making it out to be, speedlock needs to go until this works consistently. It's not like it stops spoofers anyway, just screws with real and especially rural players with longer distances between portals.

• I have 100% had this happen multiple times while Ingress was in the foreground without interruption.

• Oh well, then i guess the language translation mess it up, like more other things

• I would like to see the flame animation removed from the portal view. Its not necessary.

• Prime by itself, is actually not that bad today.

If we disregard the early releases of Prime, and don't compare Prime to Redacted, it feels a fine piece of software. In some regards, it even feels better than Redacted in some ways. Redacted has a browser-like feel to it, which sometimes comes to its advantage, but makes Prime seem more responsive in general.

With all the good things in Prime, Prime is still a bit like saying goodbye to a good old game, and trying the revamped "retro-version", that has some cool new features, but still doesn't quite give you the feel of the old game.

Since I (recently) discovered that Prime had become useful, I've been switching back and forth. Some things I absolutely prefer to do in Redacted, while other things are OK (if not better) to do in Prime.

I wish they would change their minds, and let Redacted live, until every feature in redacted was implemented in Prime.

It is hard to list all the features, we're going to miss, like stacked portal recharge etc.

Prime is not that bad anymore, I actually like it a lot, but it will never be the same, even if all the features were implemented. However, if all the features were implemented, it wouldn't feel so much like walking with a limp. It might be a bit like wearing womens clothes at a buisiness meeting. It works, but it doesn't feel quite right.(*)

With all that being said, I want to thank the team for all the work they put into Prime. It is turning into a really nice scanner, and you have taken way too much beating for being forced to realise it too early.

Prime is a nice piece of software, it will never be Redacted, but it's beautiful and fast.

(*) In these days, I guess I have to put a disclaimer to avoid offending anyone. By wearing womens clothes at a buisness meeting, I'm refering to a **** male wearing womens clothes. Not a LGBT (add the letters I missed) person. I hope persons, who does not identify as a **** male are able to come up with their own examples, to understand my allegory.

The example is not meant to offend any minority or etnicity, and if it did offend some, I hereby express my sincere apologies.

• Decrease transparency of items. It's too high now to be identified each other.
    • Make the quick menu which can be used when clicking a portal.
    • Allow to access the key on selected portal directly.
    • Show medal image on achieved medal notification.
    • Bind one notification of attack alert.
    • Show attacker's agent name on attack push notification.
    • Make the visual effect of glyph drawing more dynamically.
    • Allow to abort glyph hacking by clicking home button.
  • When getting an attack notification on 1 of my portals it is impossible to recharge. I would like to see faster notifications and faster loading when being attacked