Updates on Ingress Store

1235»

Comments

• Excellent thread. I feel compelled to comment that I absolutely and without hesitation hate the idea of a subscription model. I would prefer to pay once for a permanent fixture than have an ongoing cost. I think of it as owning versus leasing. I calculate final cost, not if I can afford a monthly payment.

I'd much rather pay $20 or $25 for an extra key locker, for example, than any nominal monthly fee. (****, I'd probably pay more!)

(And who wouldn't pay for a VR duplicating Quantum?!)

I would encourage selling items of value. That will drive sales and bring in cash.

• I feel alternate voice packs for the scanner/Ada could be something to sell. Nothing wrong with how it is now, just fun to change things up.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, if you had halved the prices instead of doubled them I would have been a lot more inclined to spend my real world money on Frackers. To me, because they cost money, they are a precious commodity to be hoarded and only used when I can maximize their use without danger of wasting them.

I can't tell you how many times I've rolled up to a Resistance fracking party around a cluster of portals with 4 VR hacking mods and tore through it like a hot knife through butter, ruining their party and wasting their money? Am I an a-hole? Maybe, but that is the game. The very first anomaly was at Robert E Howard's home. One of his characters has a very popular quote "What is best in life?.... To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women."

I know if I buy Frackers at current new prices and the portals I attach them to get crushed, I would probably stop buying Frackers.

• We say subscriptions because it's a reoccurring source of revenue for Ingress and not just a spike and then **** when the hype has died down for a $20 key locker or whatever. Having a constant cash flow into the game would be good for it, even if not everyone subscribed.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

With Redacted about to sunset, I'd almost pay for a real working version of Prime. One that doesn't crash when I'm glyphing or trying to link would be super awesome.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@EvilSuperHeros you can pay for Prime, by buying stuff in game, or by purchasing anomaly packs.

But it is time to let Classic go.

As for crashing? Very easy to forget just how awful classic was in the first year, how much constant crashing there was.

And it had 1/3 of the features we have now.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

Yes. And that original app had nothing coming before it.

We now have something very functional in-place that's getting retired before its replacement is up-to-par.

It's very hard to let Classic go / forget just how awful Prime is when its predecessor is still there, perfectly functional without the myriad crashes and excessively long startup.