Will you stop playing after [Redacted] ends?

There has been a lot of comments on various media about the end of life for [Redacted], mostly of the form "I quit!", but no hard numbers. And although this site doesn't support polls, let's try one this way.

The full question is: "What will you do when [Redacted] stops working on September 30; will you stop playing Ingress?".

Your options are:

A: Yes, time to move on.

B: Yes, but I will return if I think Prime has improved enough.

C: No, but I think my playing time will be significantly reduced.

D: No, I am already on Prime or will switch.

Please answer with one of the options given and keep comments / discussions to a minimum.

[Note: I do realize option "D" may be underrepresented because Prime users may ignore this thread. So be it.]

Tagged:

Comments

• D

Would you look at that, someone who made the switch to Prime with minimal issues and also read your thread. ;)

• C with 100% certainty.

• drh4kordrh4kor ✭✭
    edited August 2019

A

For a bit while I mourn, then return twice as strong!

Beacons at noon UTC ;) 2019-9-30

#farewellredacted

• C

Until I can get the hang of prime

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

DDDD

• C: - Can't use prime when traveling, load time is a killer, discovery of portals is a killer,

The good news is I will have zero reason to spend money on Ingress, and in turn wont likely spend money on other Niantic games I play when out and about doing Ingress. I probably am a small spender for them, maybe $100-150 per year but I'm going to be far more casual so no reason to spend.

• I've been using Prime almost exclusively since it was released. Since the end of July I've actually been using Redacted more often, but that's mainly for nostalgia, and to give the game a final sendoff. I'm fully ready to switch over to Prime when the time comes.

• D

Been using it as my main scanner since it's public release and have only opened redacted for submits and once during the Amsterdam Anomaly

It's a pain to use redacted now.

• MatiasM20MatiasM20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

E.

Love Redacted and the fast response of everything, but will keep playing with Prime.

Love ingress, love the game and all that it comes with it, people, local and international community i met and im in contact everyday. 💙

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

D

I am too attached to my community to just leave them, and Prime still improves.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i vote C.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

D

Switched to Prime a few months ago. Redacted is painful to use, now

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

No. And going back and using Redacted for normal gameplay is a painful experience.

• C.

My guess is that “A” will be underrepresented in this poll, because lots of people were disgusted enough with Prime that they’ve already voted with their feet, and left.

• A. I don't believe in B.

I'm running Lineageos for security resaons (Samsung stopped to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S7) and NIA say Ingress is not working for security reasons.

Was a nice time, Bye Agents! wave

• I'm D, but still mostly using Redacted. There are some features that just better in Prime, and others that are clunky, like capsule use.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

D

Been playing with Prime for nearly 12 months now

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

D

• D

I started on Prime...

• D

• D.

Been using Prime since it dropped, man it's gotten better and I have extreme faith that once Redacted is gone, the game improvements will come rolling in. It's going to be exciting for any Agents that choose to stay around.

Niantic has some goodies in store for us, I guarantee.

• Not sure

• Vitamin D - the ladies love it

• KadahKadah ✭✭✭

A

I would say B but I really don't see that happening in another year. Already been one year and its unusable, even if they managed to fix the migraine inducing issues, the UI is still painful, system resource usage is beyond extreme for even if it was a different game with highly detailed graphics, any network latency tolerance is minimal, and low signal viability is completely ascent.

• C , just for more one Recursion and Black Engineer medal

• CornwuffCornwuff ✭✭✭

D

Time to **** Redacted.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

C 3/4 - I still manly use Redacted for convenience but Prime for extra nominations and slowly doing some things exclusively on Prime so it's not cold turkey. For example last FS was on Prime. I'm looking forward to new features. I have reduced my playing time significantly already but that's nothing to do with Prime, it's after reaching L16 for the second time.

Where's option for those who claim they will quit forever but in reality will come back and admit it's really not that bad after all?

• D, I’ve only been using scanner for edits and extra submissions for a solid month.

i find less issues with prime on my iphoneXr then scanner.

even just being able to boot up the game without it turning my music off. Opening Spotify to turn it back on and repeat until scanner boots, was the most annoying side of scanner.

• D