Is a Bus stop portal material?

Since busses are very important ingame I suggest 5* rating

Comments

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know the full guidelines for them but I get a lot bus stops with murals painted on them in Guam doing OPR I give them 5* when voting.

• vechislovvechislov ✭✭✭

I think that bus stops can be accepted if and only if they are far away from any city, town or village. In all other cases they should be ratind by 1*.

And, of course, all bus station is a good candidate.

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Buses are portal gems because they bring the victory and tears. Choose your faction, choose your gift.

• >bus stops can be accepted if and only if they are far away from any city, town or village.

Could you expand on this? I dont see any reason why it being far away would make any difference. Are you talking about a major bus station like if I were to take a Greyhound Bus between two cities? As I believe those are valid portal candidates.

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Bus stops which are not more than a signpost - no

Bus stops with a shelter - if the shelter is portal worthy, like having art or being of interesting design

Bus stations/hubs - valid as of transport hub criteria.

• Individual bus stops on a route? No, they're not major transport hubs.

If they meet another criteria though, like this one bus stop I found that was fully painted as a Space Mural, it'll pass.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

Throw me into the chorus of "little bus stops are not portals"

but...

transit hubs, absolutely.

if someone is painting murals on the lil bus stops or affixing sculptures (legit ones though) to them, well... baby you got a stew goin!

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

So there's different sets of transit hubs. A bus station is where you could find multiple buses at one time which in my opinion is considered a major transportation hub. If the area is specifically designed to have 3 or more buses at one time then I would consider it a bus station. This means there should be parking for at least 3 or more bus spots at any given time. Unfortunately, bus stops do not qualify for at least this criteria because it would not be a major transportation hub.

Now there is another few ways I have seen bus stops get approved. One if its artistic, where there's elaborate themed artwork or murals covering the bus stop making it unique. Two; historically important for example if I was told this specific location had a famous event occur here and they have sources referring to its importance then its possible I might approve it, however most of said locations like this already have historical markers.

There might be other reasons to allow a bus stop to become a portal but if its a common bus stop, it is unfortunately not a great Point of Interest.

• Bus stop Is not a 5 star material, Bust Terminal station would be a good one

• Bus stop - No

Bust station - yes

• Here in my hometown a small busstop is a portal, send in by an enl agent so even they say it’s good material.

• @Shockwave0072 Either that erroneously made it through OPR or that's a holdover from when Ingress had different standards.

• @partner555, it is indeed a portal from the first batch when the game wen’t live...

• God, please no...

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

100% dont follow criteria. If agents read critera or do the test for OPR we can read bus stop dobt follow criteria.

• There are definitely a lot of seed portals or shortly after launch approved portals that would never get accepted through OPR now. Unfortunately newer players see these as active portals now and think they're good examples of what to submit. One of many why I think they need to make submitters take the OPR test before getting access to submit.

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, people only need to read and understand the guidelines and after vote according to them. Some people creates their own rules and it's agains the OPR spirit.

• silverkalisilverkali ✭✭✭

I think it depends on the bus stop 99.9% of bus stops (i.e. the signs on stick type ones) I wouldn't approve, but occasionally you get beautiful pieces of architecture like this:

intel[.]ingress[.]com/intel?ll=52.662997,-2.683783&z=18&pll=52.663323,-2.684745 (Bus Shelter, Cross Houses, UK)

• SenmanaSenmana ✭✭✭

Can't see the link posted above but agree with others that the vast majority of bus stops are definitely not portal worthy just for being a bus stop.

• GoncaloCdMGoncaloCdM ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Major transit hubs are eligible, but regular Bus Stops, without any cultural or visual value added to them, are not.

• How is this conversation still going lol.

bus stops on their own are not portal worthy, so a bus stop won’t be a portal unless it manages to meet some criteria. For example the side of the bus shelter has a Mural on it. But in that case the portal is the Mural which just happens to be on the side of the bus shelter.

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭

In Florence we have many portals that are tram stops shelters, but the new ones are not accepted.

IMHO or all or none: if the old ones are not removed the new ones are legit.

• @Jac1891 Niantic have made it clear that older portals are “grandfathered in” they don’t meet criteria but they won’t remove them for now.

The new ones will not be accepted because they don’t meet criteria. Just because some things are portals doesn’t make similar things acceptable

• silverkalisilverkali ✭✭✭

Over years the rules change; what was a valid portal candidate five years ago isn't necessarily valid now.

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@silverkali @YouLostAStar

I would completely agree with you but lots of old existing portals have been deleted with reports because NOW they are no longer within the rules although they are not in dangerous location and they do not meet any take down criteria.

I see no correspondence between what was said and what was done.

• It took me several attempts to get a portal removed which was some concrete steps in a car park. Nothing interesting about them at all. Just because Niantic doesn’t remove something doesn’t mean it’s any good