NIA Field Test Questions

Recently Ingress shared a new event called "NIA Field Test", I think everyone already saw it. I Have a couple questions about this. The first is, this would give a medal in the scanner? or SWAG? and, what is the purpose of this event? test for anomalies only with prime after the closing of redacted?. The las question is, what metrics will measure? the same of the last anomaly?

thanks ✌️

Comments

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

We won't know the metrics until the event starts. The application says agents "will receive their instructions at the start of the event".

• Yeah I know, but it would be nice know in advance, what kind of metrics will measure UwU

• GaijinHellGaijinHell ✭✭✭

Since it is clearly stated that these are not traditional faction vs faction events, the only thing I can assume is thatvthis is about testing new game mechanics in prime.

• schatchaosschatchaos ✭✭✭

Before I start gathering people to organize an event, it would be nice to know:

• Do we need to track attendees ?
    • Will our city forever have used our one shot to host a field event if we get selected for field test beta ? (like beeing selected as anomaly site)
    • expected size of playbox ?
    • Stats ?
    • Individual score (everyone vs everyone) or faction score ?

I think my city will pass until more info is available

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's also kind of what "Field test" means. Literally.

• Any chance if the contents of https://ingress.com/events can be updated to have links to the POCs? Otherwise anyone not involved in the submission and approval process has no idea who is in charge, where to go, what to do, should I bother, google gives me nothing for 'ingress ipswich' other than pages about the fact there is an event there, but nothing else.

Or is this just Niantic's usual "Coming soon (tm)" approach to information / badge sharing? :-D

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope it won't be deploy / link / field etc challenge.

People sitting and and deploy / bursting l1 resonator is lame 😅

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

well what else can it be but deploy, link, field, or destroy ? unless they have something new we can do dont dount on it..

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

It's test so I hope new gameplay with the new prime possibilities.

Ingress as now isn't really made for individual contests

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If they don't release a update until then, I don't believe there will be new features.

• Agents, thank you for your interest in the NIA Field Test: Hexathlon, taking place worldwide on Saturday September 14, 2019. Since these are field tests of new scanner interactions, there is a chance that things will go wrong and that things may not function as expected.

At the Hexathlon events, you will have 30 minutes to hack the check-in portal to receive your instructions, then 90 minutes to compete in six individual challenges. Those who complete all six challenges will receive the in-app Hexathlon medal; those who complete the Hexathlon and place in the top 10% in their city for any challenge will receive the elite version of the in-app Hexathlon medal.

All sites will be run in local time, using the following schedule:

14:30: Check-in portal active

15:00: Check-in portal inactive

15:15: Hexathlon starts

16:45: Hexathlon ends

Afterwards: up to your local community!

You will need to register beforehand for your location. Registration information will be coming soon.

This is an individual rather than Faction-based event; there are no Faction POCs. 

Source: Ingress updates TG

@IUENG

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

new features can only come after redacted is retired next month sep30.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Recursion is a new feature that only works on prime for example. There is nothing stopping prime from having a new functionality for the field test.

Also, the portal nomination in prime and redacted already user different backend servers. There's nothing stopping prime using new server functionality for a limited new feature that's not in Redacted

• I'm all up for a challenge, unique portals, etc. However, before driving 12+ hours round trip, paying for hotels, etc. it would be nice to know if this will be something "everyone" can complete and get a badge or only locals who know the area, have portal keys, etc. Really has us going in completely blind.