When did water mill express windmills go invalid?

kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Wayfarer (Archive)
https://us.v-cdn.net/6031689/uploads/856/JP3O3DN3AT57.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

I Swore these were in candidacy rules? Two months in limbo to deny this when I get a church with nothing but a mention of rocky horror picture show in the description today makes me cringe. I submitted what I thought would qualify in a low density area and I focused on the windmill and not the business come one people are we getting to the point OPR is nothing but a bunch of perfectionists?

Comments

• hey i remember that one, guess that's one disagreement i know of.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because it was denied doesn't mean you can't try it again.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I am trying to understand why though it is hit or miss with these. Is there a specific AMA or guideline to reject these other than agents seem to hardline in certain areas? Why is it niantic tells agents yea you can submit a playground at a fast food place but agents have the nerve to go against Niantic's clarification. Just like having athletic courts and fields moved to the center sorry if it sounds like a rant but I am tired of hardline agents voting nonsensically. I have even had portals denied to due the picture not being the best on a valid baseball field etc. I could grab my rejection emails and show how messed up the process is. I don't think it is worth my time sending in a second, third, fourth, or fifth submission a single object due to hardliners in my area. I am starting even feel biased when voting due to how some of my local submissions have changed in quality sadly. I don't know if it is just because I vote constantly to get upgrades. But I do get a lot of agreements averaging 100+ a day. I don't know per say is it a bias if your voting based on guidelines even if it is local and cringe worthy submissions such as a concession stand or a rock water gully to funnel rain water? I don't want to sound like a bad agent. I have almost 19000 agreements in 9 months of voting. The only thing really keeping me voting is rural areas and upgrades.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Under what criteria would this fit?

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Things you need to keep in mind:

1: Most players/reviewers likely don't read the AMA. They don't know they even happen, or do know and don't care. This is evidenced by people always asking the same questions about things.

2: All reviewers have to go through the test, but after a few hundred/thousand reviews, anything the test tried to enforce are lost/forgotten.

3: People become jaded and start voting on things however they want after seeing certain things too often.

#1 thing you need to keep in mind for your own sanity is that a rejection is a chance for you to make the submission better. A better picture, a better description, a better title.

Don't take submission rejections personally, because if you do, you're just going to make yourself extremely miserable.

• u3k21u3k21 ✭✭
    edited August 2019

It looks like mass produced corporate art, so even if it might occasionally get some leeway for being in a low density area it shouldn't come as a surprise to get a rejection.

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

My first question was :

"What is this"?

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

eh I am going to pass on resubmitting the windmill found 2 or 3 more in my city they aren't too rare as I originally thought.

• Agents reviewing are humans with different ways of interpreting the rules. Even if (and this is a big if) all the agents actually read and tried to follow the guidelines and AMA, there is a lot of leeway for variation.

Your windmill likely got "Generic Business" or "Corporate Art" rejected, but you'll never know because the emails don't say WHY.

My advice is that on submissions that you think will be iffy, that people may be on the fence about whether to accept, go all out. Take the best possible photo. Check your facts and add as much color, or history as possible. If it's a business, include how long they've been there, what special events they might do, how they contribute to the community. I've had some really good, local, small businesses such as orchard-shops and diners, get rejected, and I know they're being rejected as "business" but I also know that it would only take a different set of reviewers and it would have passed. Try again if it's important to you, and good luck!

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

OPR at this point is subjective and people try to manipulate for their own benefit, niantic has no control of it and no proper supervision at all, people have created their own guidelines...i mean you can even see this kind of stuff in reddit when somebody post something and then several answers about 1 to 5 stars from all different povs, people just dont care about the guidelines anymore

Hence people can deny or accept anything they want in the end

• JSteve0JSteve0 ✭✭✭

Water Mills are just franchise businesses, all with similar features. They are like the Sinclair Dinosaurs in my area that I 1* because there is nothing unique about them, they are just mass-produced corporate art.