Complex glyph hack speed disparity between Redacted and Prime

EisFreiEisFrei ✭✭
edited August 2019 in App Feedback (Archive)

I was wondering why I was failing complex glyph hacks using prime, when I was having absolutely no problem glyphing using Redacted.

Something just felt off.

So I recorded my screen and timed how long the glyphs were visible.

I glyphed L5 portals, so there are 3 measurements for Prime and Redacted.

9.47s to 9.85s = 0.38s visible

9.86s to 10.22s = 0.36s visible

10.27s to 10.63s = 0.36s visible

Now I killed Redacted, started Prime and hacked the next portal.

75.92s to 76.11s = 0.19s visible

76.25s to 76.45s = 0.2s visible

76.54s to 76.74s = 0.2s visible

It appears that the time that each glyph is visible has been cut in half between Redacted and Prime.

I would appreciate the old timing in Prime, because the new one is really giving me a hard time.

Comments

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

You get used to the speed increase in Prime complex glyphs. Just as you got used to it in Redacted

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Faster speed for complex was actually requested by players. I hadn't used Complex before the aurora challenge and only tried it for that challenge. I am now after some training able to do complex glyphs with 4 glyphs in the sentence most of the time. L8 will probably need some more time. It's okay this way and saves a lot of time after some training. If it is too fast, there is still normal speed.

• M1chaeIM1chaeI ✭✭✭✭

I like that complex is faster in Prime. I am against this change.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

like said this was requested to be even faster complex in prime so they did what most community players wanted...

• ZaltysZaltys ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I don't like the way they implemented the speed increase, though. Faster glyphs is nice, but then the timer pops up and there's such a long pause before you can actually start drawing the glyph... that always throws me off, by the time the timer runs out I've already forgotten the sequence.

At least the haptics can now be successfully disabled in iPhone. So it's not as bad as it was a few versions ago. Having your phone try to wrestle free of your grip while you're trying to draw made it quite a challenge.

• With all due respect, gitgud.

A lot of us like the speed increase.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn the true meaning of the glyphs, then the sentences are very easy to remember because they usually make sense.

• Like others have said, once you recall the sentence the glyph sequence tells you, you can recall what the glyphs are. The speed increase is a welcome change.

• I like the new speed, wich is a problem is that the screen drawing is slower and the delay sometimes makes you believe you did the glyph correct, but at the end you dont.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

You can always glyph at normal speed, which has also been increase from their Redacted counterparts. There is not advantage to using the complex command beyond the speed at which the glyphs are displayed.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the new, faster speed

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I'd welcome it being just a little bit slower. (But not "normal" speed - I die of boredom waiting for that to finish.)